Author Topic: WHITE WATER in Melbourne - CHEAP !!!!!  (Read 789 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: WHITE WATER in Melbourne - CHEAP !!!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2010, 11:24:04 AM »
The market for "High End" pins is increasing as well.

Excellent, coz i only want the low-end stuff anyway....   :lol

$1k pins ???

Non working / project / unshopped  $1000 pins will be a reality (if not already) -  :2cents:
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline rads

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2010, 11:38:33 AM »
Demand is not slowing down either. However, buyers are starting to become more "fussy" for their $$. The market for "High End" pins is increasing as well.
[/quote]
I believe demand is slowing down. I think pin collectors are a rare breed and there are only so many people willing to pay $2000 + for a game. The price will just get lower and lower to the point where the dealers are no longer making the killing they have been and the weaker ones and fly by nighters will disappear.   People who bought games before this container flood will find that they will never be able to sell at what they paid.  I wonder if dealers could honestly say they are making the same money and have the same demand for their games as they did six months ago.

I accept that there is a limited amount of the early pins and they are collectible, however we have become a dumping ground for pretty much the rest of the worlds pins and don't have the community to pay the prices currently asked.

Having said that I have sold the only pin that I wanted to sell at the price I wanted and am waiting to buy another when the prices are suitably driven into the ground by the importers. && && &&

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2010, 01:28:50 PM »
Demand is not slowing down either. However, buyers are starting to become more "fussy" for their $$. The market for "High End" pins is increasing as well.
I believe demand is slowing down. I think pin collectors are a rare breed and there are only so many people willing to pay $2000 + for a game. The price will just get lower and lower to the point where the dealers are no longer making the killing they have been and the weaker ones and fly by nighters will disappear.   People who bought games before this container flood will find that they will never be able to sell at what they paid.  I wonder if dealers could honestly say they are making the same money and have the same demand for their games as they did six months ago.

I accept that there is a limited amount of the early pins and they are collectible, however we have become a dumping ground for pretty much the rest of the worlds pins and don't have the community to pay the prices currently asked.

Having said that I have sold the only pin that I wanted to sell at the price I wanted and am waiting to buy another when the prices are suitably driven into the ground by the importers. && && &&
[/quote]

I agree that some pins are WAAY overpriced for their condition - But, collectors are a fussy breed and are quite happy to wait for a 9/10 machine to come along - and they are prepared to pay the $$ when they do come along. The days of people walking into dealerships and impulse buying are over - thank the "global downturn" for that.

This is only my opinion, from what people are requesting - I used to be asked about KISS / Fathom / Eight Ball etc - High end SS restores, and when will they be for sale - maybe twice a week. Now I get asked more often - more than twice a week. But the opposite effect is that the people that wanted "middle of the road" SS titles, are not asking anymore. I could sell my Paragon for twice what it might be worth. Why is that ? I think there has been a shift away from the "I've got $3000 to buy a cool pin, today" - to - "I've got $3000, and I'm going to save up more and get a better pin, maybe next month".

I'm not really into DMDs  as much as SS / EM - But for every DMD I get asked about, theres three requests for SS/EM.

I think the casual buyer is gone, and pinball is becoming a luxury item once more. There will be heaps of cheap pins flooding eBay over the next 2 years.

:2cents:
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2010, 12:21:25 AM »

I agree that some pins are WAAY overpriced for their condition - But, collectors are a fussy breed and are quite happy to wait for a 9/10 machine to come along - and they are prepared to pay the $$ when they do come along. The days of people walking into dealerships and impulse buying are over - thank the "global downturn" for that.

This is only my opinion, from what people are requesting - I used to be asked about KISS / Fathom / Eight Ball etc - High end SS restores, and when will they be for sale - maybe twice a week. Now I get asked more often - more than twice a week. But the opposite effect is that the people that wanted "middle of the road" SS titles, are not asking anymore. I could sell my Paragon for twice what it might be worth. Why is that ? I think there has been a shift away from the "I've got $3000 to buy a cool pin, today" - to - "I've got $3000, and I'm going to save up more and get a better pin, maybe next month".

I'm not really into DMDs  as much as SS / EM - But for every DMD I get asked about, theres three requests for SS/EM.

I think the casual buyer is gone, and pinball is becoming a luxury item once more. There will be heaps of cheap pins flooding eBay over the next 2 years.

:2cents:
[/quote]

Bring on the cheap pinballs I say ^^^

Peter