Author Topic: I CANT BELIEVE IT !  (Read 7169 times)

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
Re: I CANT BELIEVE IT !
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2010, 11:22:57 AM »
before this machine turned up brett used to have plenty of spare room in his garage, as i said 'used to'.
the great thing about it is it uses a standard pc to run the game with a standard graphics card and a standard pc power supply. the only thing that is not off the shelf is the pcb that the guns plug into. but there is only a couple of i.c's on that board, not much can go wrong. over the next week i am going to backup the hard drive for brett as the software is the hardest thing to replace.

Looks great brett and even better when seen in the flesh.

we had to install a 240v to 115v transformer in it to run the monitor. Fortunately the pc power supply had a 115v, 240v selector switch (as most pc power supplies do)

now to get some time to play it.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2010, 09:59:38 PM »
Andrew (Beaky) and I fired up STAR TREK VOYAGER tonight and did all the testing and made a few slight adjustments.

Had to spend $190 on a transformer from Dick Smiths to run it. 240v to 115 volt. 3 amp etc. Beaky knows wht he is doing and took care of all that.

Andrew has taken one gun home to fix as something was rattling inside and it needed fixing. Otherwise she works fine and I have been shooting at the Borg and conducting various missions. We will look at a speaker upgrade on two of the speakers. They are fine but i reckon we can get a bit more clarity from 2010 models versus 2003 models.

Overall, I am happy with the new toy and a big thanks to Andrew for his help setting the power/adjustments up. There is nothing Andrew cant do and I am pleased i scored a good mate and tech from joining Aussie Pinball. The factory red LED kit on this machine is awesome as well. Forgot to mention that earlier.
I love star trek so having this has voyager machine has made my decade. Voyager is my favourite trekky series so i am over the moon. The game is fun and challenging and has hundreds of levels/missions.

Now, to invite some other members over for alcohol and pinballs and star trek shoot em ups. !  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 10:02:34 PM by caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2010, 10:00:54 PM »
Good one cavey  ^^^

I might call over sometime this weekend for a few games

Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2010, 10:05:47 PM »
My 9 year old is having her birthday tomorrow, so i will have 20 kids here in the arvo.

Star trek arrived barely in time. I will let the kids have a go, but if they wreck anything, i will have to rip arms n legs off. lol

Leon, come over mate, anytime. still cold beer here from last time !  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2010, 10:31:25 PM »
Fantastic Brett im stunned you fitted it in there there wasnt that much room when i was there...   Looks to be well worth all the effort only one in Oz thats got to be a bonus  ^^^

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2010, 11:18:32 PM »
Looks like you could throw some wheels on that and drive it down the street :lol

Uh-OH …..now I have put a crazy idea into Caveys head  #@#

Congrats mate – gotta get up there one day

its funny you say that about driving something like a arcade machine or pinball down the road. I have some spare pinball cabinets, and i was thinking about converting my spare bugs bunny birthday bash into a driving pinball by shoving the cabinet onto a go-kart or something.
driving a pinball down the street would make a great video.  crazy stuff never hurts, yet !  :D :D :D   ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Offline markc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2010, 11:23:05 PM »
thanks mate , will drop u a line  when i get there if have some time , I am sure the wife and kids already have everyday booked with theme parks

mark

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2010, 11:58:38 PM »
Looks like you could throw some wheels on that and drive it down the street :lol

its funny you say that about driving something like a arcade machine or pinball down the road. I have some spare pinball cabinets, and i was thinking about converting my spare bugs bunny birthday bash into a driving pinball by shoving the cabinet onto a go-kart or something.
driving a pinball down the street would make a great video.  crazy stuff never hurts, yet !  :D :D :D   ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Ya ever seen those Dogem Car conversions mate !@#
Check this out - road registered in LA.
Now this should get ya thinking  *)*

DW Drums rule !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2010, 10:03:30 AM »
i think i will stick to the bugs bunny colours.

i stayed up late last night playing trekky voyager, man it was fun.

Offline knight76

• Forum Posts:
  • Central Coast NSW Australia Earth
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2010, 10:51:39 AM »
Scotty, can we fit any more in the garage.

Cappin, She wont take much more, she cunna hold it.

Looks awesome mate.

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2010, 03:13:25 PM »

Ya ever seen those Dogem Car conversions mate !@#
Check this out - road registered in LA.
Now this should get ya thinking  *)*

How cool is that Wotto, this would go well at the Wintersun @ Coolangatta!!
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2010, 10:34:09 PM »
My 9 year old is having her birthday tomorrow, so i will have 20 kids here in the arvo.

Star trek arrived barely in time. I will let the kids have a go, but if they wreck anything, i will have to rip arms n legs off. lol

Leon, come over mate, anytime. still cold beer here from last time !  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Well I went over for a visit at the cave this arvo, just wanted to say a HUGE thanks to Brett & Sue  ^^^ ^^^

Awesome hospitality as usual, my 2 kids had a blast playing the pins and the new Star Trek Voyager arcade ^^^

Nothing better than talkin and playing pinball on a saturday arvo

Thanks again mate for the cold beers as well  $&&

Offline johnwartjr

• Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2010, 06:57:23 PM »
Glad it finally made it! Enjoy it!

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2010, 03:03:00 AM »
now that both guns have been repaired the game works perfectly.
isn't it lovely how a company can sell you a machine that is in perfect working order and one of the most important things need repairing?

I had to smile on saturday when i was repairing one of the machines and one of the mothers came into the games room with her kids and said "wow this pinball palour even has its own technician"  @@*

On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2010, 07:46:47 AM »
I had to smile on saturday when i was repairing one of the machines and one of the mothers came into the games room with her kids and said "wow this pinball palour even has its own technician"  @@*

Classic - obviously you look like you belong there, Beaky.