Author Topic: Custom Controller - with 16 colour DMD output for Stern/Williams  (Read 6500 times)

Offline gstellenberg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Hey guys!  Yes, I am a member here, and I peruse the forums every now and then.  Thanks for starting this thread Finny!

Interest in the P-ROC is starting to gain some momemtum, and it's really exciting for me to watch it progress.  If anybody has any questions about how it works or how it can be used, I'll do my best to answers them.

Also, please let me know if there is any functionality you wish it had or other things you wish it could do.

FYI - I'm currently designing a custom driver board for use in homebrew machines.  The purpose is to give people a way to build a custom machine without requiring a WPC or Stern donor.  By allowing users to supply their own DC power, they can choose which voltages they need and implement them in their machine as they desire rather than being dependent on a large multi-output transformer.  If you have any specific requests for the driver board, I'm all ears.  I'm tracking my thoughts and plans here.

With the availability of the P-ROC and a driver board my hope is that people won't need to struggle with coming up with a control system for their custom machines.  Rather, they can concentrate on the machine theme, artwork, rules, etc.  Some will still prefer to design their own control systems, but many others will not.

- Gerry