Author Topic: Gtb Pinball Pool project  (Read 13314 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Gtb Pinball Pool project
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2012, 08:29:17 AM »
Shit i had to dig deep to find THIS thread again.. 10 pages in  :D :lol

This project has gained a little momentum now with the demise of my homemade Vortex pin yesterday, after something going wrong and having 43 volts sent thru all of the boards taking out every single IC in the game  !!! !!! As a result i have decided against trying to repair it, as it involves remaking one of the boards that was burnt up which is totally out of the question.. i just cannot justify the amount of work and expense to do it.

Yes its a shame that i have to give up on it, but ultimately it would've been scrapped anyway... its not a game i could've ever sold for example, as no one else would've been able to work out how it worked if anything went wrong with the boards.. shit even I had trouble remembering how it worked a couple of times :lol  :lol anyway it lasted 15 years so thats not a bad run i guess.

Soooo... since Vortex was built into a Gtb system 1 cab, it will be gutted, paint stripped and repainted in Pinball Pool colours instead of repairing the original cab, which will save me some time and i can simply transplant all the guts of Pinball Pool into the donor cab when it has been painted.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 10:42:50 PM by Mr Pinbologist »