Author Topic: Iron Man Photo?  (Read 2363 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Iron Man Photo?
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2010, 11:18:24 PM »
Very nice looking game. Shots look decent, proof will be in the playing of course, and I'm keen to try.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2010, 10:00:33 AM »
I think Stern got it right with this machine-nice and fast and very exciting, I think they will sell alot of this title.

I wonder if the ironman figure that comes up from the playfield has a plastic protector on the front of it as it may get damaged being hammered by balls.

Peter

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2010, 12:24:27 PM »
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane

Offline Pinprick

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2010, 05:08:58 PM »
I reckon it looks pretty interesting. The ramps tunneling through the backboard is reminiscent of LOTR, but I can't recall seeing any other pin with anything quite the same. Great aesthetics too.
The only concern I have is if Iron Man's balls will be prone to rust?

"I don't operate on a level playing field"

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2010, 07:28:17 PM »
How cool is the vid, love the use of magnets, DMD animation looks great, still wonder why stern waste so much space to display the score though, look forward to playing one  *%*

Offline Little shop of games

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2010, 12:29:47 AM »
I reckon it looks pretty interesting. The ramps tunneling through the backboard is reminiscent of LOTR, but I can't recall seeing any other pin with anything quite the same. Great aesthetics too.

Austin Powers has the same ramps tunneling through the backboard.

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2010, 04:04:37 AM »

i doubt that any one could make a pin without some one saying "that is a bit like blah blah"
Unfortunately its got to a stage where every thing has been done on a pinball before. !@#

The only thing left i suppose is a play field that changes. i.e the pop bumbers disappear below the play field and some drop targets come up or the ramps change shape. or every time you press the start buttton the playfield is set up randomly. (sorry guys i am a bit drunk at the momement LOL)
All of the above is probably possible but at what cost?
Imagine the price tag?
The advert would go something like this, " here it is, transformers the pinball, no 2 games are ever the same, only $50k, "

as i said, I am drunk so when I read this in the morning i will once again tell my self  "DO NOT POST ANY THING ON AP WHEN I HAVE HAD WAY TO MUCH TO DRINK"  **)
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Pinprick

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2010, 06:54:43 PM »

[/quote] Austin Powers has the same ramps tunneling through the backboard.
[/quote]

I've just had a look on IPDB and of course you are quite right.
Never seen or played AP, so hence my ignorance.
BTW you have a cool little shop of goodies.

Offline Pinprick

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2010, 07:02:09 PM »
The only thing left i suppose is a play field that changes. i.e the pop bumbers disappear below the play field and some drop targets come up or the ramps change shape.

Um - actually one pop bumper does disappear on CV. Drop targets do tend to come up when energised. Diverter ramps do kinda change their profile.
Otherwise you have a pretty wild concept, albeit unfeasible?
Drink enough piss and it will all appear to happen anyway . . .
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 02:17:09 PM by Maxwiz »

Offline Pinballace

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2010, 11:02:45 PM »

i doubt that any one could make a pin without some one saying "that is a bit like blah blah"
Unfortunately its got to a stage where every thing has been done on a pinball before. !@#

The only thing left i suppose is a play field that changes. i.e the pop bumbers disappear below the play field and some drop targets come up or the ramps change shape. or every time you press the start buttton the playfield is set up randomly. (sorry guys i am a bit drunk at the momement LOL)
Imagine the price tag?
The advert would go something like this, " here it is, transformers the pinball, no 2 games are ever the same, only $50k, "

as i said, I am drunk so when I read this in the morning i will once again tell my self  "DO NOT POST ANY THING ON AP WHEN I HAVE HAD WAY TO MUCH TO DRINK"  **)

Chatting with John Trudeau this past weekend, one of the questions I asked him was if there were any features they never were able to get designed into pinball as in new ideas.  His basic response was "no matter what, the game revolves around that 1 1/16" ball so there's only so much you can do".
The ramp business was very very good to me.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2010, 10:14:02 AM »

Imagine the price tag?

Disappearing bumpers right here.....

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?ft=disappearing+bumpers&searchtype=advanced

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=metro&sortby=name&searchtype=quick#1581

Offline Pinballace

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2010, 10:54:50 AM »

Imagine the price tag?

as i said, I am drunk so when I read this in the morning i will once again tell my self  "DO NOT POST ANY THING ON AP WHEN I HAVE HAD WAY TO MUCH TO DRINK"  **)

Disappearing bumpers right here.....

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?ft=disappearing+bumpers&searchtype=advanced

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=metro&sortby=name&searchtype=quick#1581

Cirqus Voltaire
The ramp business was very very good to me.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2010, 11:23:16 AM »
...or Zaccaria 'Time machine'
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=3494&picno=18812&zoom=1

The whole bumper section raises and lowers

Offline Pinprick

• Forum Posts: