Author Topic: CRUELTY TO PINBALLS - WTF  (Read 613 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
CRUELTY TO PINBALLS - WTF
« on: March 28, 2010, 05:12:56 PM »
I went past the Boomerang Cafe in Brisbane today and spotted a Scared Stiff onsite in this fish n chip shop style of place.

The Scared Stiff Pinball is still in really good condition but the flippers are weak, the majority of bulbs are cactus, and horridly, the playfield is filthy.

BUT ITS NOT TOO LATE, this pinball could be saved and become a beautiful machine in someone's private collection.

The site operator, should be charged with Cruelty to a Pinball. An act, worthy of the death penalty.lol

What a shame, that such a nice machine will end up in the scrapheap with a stuffed playfield. I approached the milk bar owner and asked for the site operators details but they were not willing. A quality machine just going down hill. WHAT A SHAME.  ^&^  ^&^  ^&^

Anyways, Beaky and I played a game. Scared stiff was a bit boring anyway, a nice looker , but a bit boring. It could have been alot better with the game being shopped.  ^^^
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 05:15:52 PM by caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: CRUELTY TO PINBALLS - WTF
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 05:57:53 PM »
Just keep nagging brett thats what i do and most of the time end up with it for less than i was going to offer in the first place lol %.%

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 09:41:58 PM »
I played the gunners pin thay had @ Boomerang snack bar some months back, it was another example of a poorly maintained pinball on site, weak flippers, dirty playfield etc..
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 10:03:49 PM »

The only thing operators are interesting in is if the coin acceptor still accepts coins. I OFTEN email the operators (if their card is on the machine) - VERY rarely do I get a response. But if I change the "subject line" to "Your machine currently located at X is not accepting coins" or " Your machine currently located at X is giving free games at a score of one million" then I'm sure they bolt out there to have a look !

It is a disgrace.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 10:10:08 PM »
yeh, it is crazy.

But surely some of these bozo operators must understand that these high end machines like Scared Stiff are worth big bucks on Ebay with good playfields and stuff all with shit playfields.

They work hard to get a quick buck here and there, and then lose 3 or 4 grand by not doing a lousy service and a quick playfield clean. Dont make sense.

There should be a RSPC for pinballs, where the machine gets rescued, then given to a new owner who will love it and treat it good.

My hand is up.lol
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 10:11:53 PM by caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 03:43:23 AM »
If you put $2 in you only get 2 games. what happened to 3 plays for $2? !@#
And you dont get a replay at X million, only an extra ball.  ^&^
I thought the idea of playing a pinball instead of playing a video game was that you could get a free game.
after playing a game and then realising that i would not be rewarded with a free game if i got a high enough score I thought why bother putting another coin in it.  :tumble:
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline thehaze

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Pennsylvania USA
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 04:11:01 AM »
There should be a RSPC for pinballs, where the machine gets rescued, then given to a new owner who will love it and treat it good.

I got a chuckle out of this.  Would there be like Game Wardens ?  No wonder the machines eventually rise up and try to wipe out man.  Maybe the Leader of the machines will be an abused Pinball.  A Terminator 2 perhaps ?  OK I'm done.   %.%

Offline Dirty daz

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 03:33:31 PM »
I went past the Boomerang Cafe in Brisbane today and spotted a Scared Stiff onsite in this fish n chip shop style of place.

The Scared Stiff Pinball is still in really good condition but the flippers are weak, the majority of bulbs are cactus, and horridly, the playfield is filthy.

BUT ITS NOT TOO LATE, this pinball could be saved and become a beautiful machine in someone's private collection.

The site operator, should be charged with Cruelty to a Pinball. An act, worthy of the death penalty.lol

What a shame, that such a nice machine will end up in the scrapheap with a stuffed playfield. I approached the milk bar owner and asked for the site operators details but they were not willing. A quality machine just going down hill. WHAT A SHAME.  ^&^  ^&^  ^&^

Anyways, Beaky and I played a game. Scared stiff was a bit boring anyway, a nice looker , but a bit boring. It could have been alot better with the game being shopped.  ^^^
  u need to play a few times to get into it  once u understand how to play its much more fun

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 05:05:35 PM »

u need to play a few times to get into it  once u understand how to play its much more fun
thats the thing, no matter how good people claim a certain pin to be you cannot decide when the pin has crap flippers and things like the giant spider in the back glass is missing.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 06:42:33 PM »

I got a chuckle out of this.  Would there be like Game Wardens ?  No wonder the machines eventually rise up and try to wipe out man.  Maybe the Leader of the machines will be an abused Pinball.  A Terminator 2 perhaps ?  OK I'm done.   %.%

good bloody idea mate ! if only pinball machines could talk, that scared stiff would be like a homeless man, unwashed and uncared for.
i just cant believe an operator would not see that the machine is worth 5500 or 2500, depending on a cleaned/damaged playfield.
Its sort of like, clean it or lose 3 grand. WTF. its a no brainer. just a real shame.

Offline ricindahunting

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Rouse Hill
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 09:48:48 AM »
I found an attack from Mars recently when on a weekend away. My 9 year old absolutely loves it but when we slapped it the thrill of a good game was soon running out through the outlanes and centre drain. A real sluggish and filthy machine. When we checked out the operators Mc's and mentioned it was in need of a little TLC, the response was again in relation to the coin slot functioning correctly and until the people where the Mc was sited rang him, it was out of site, coin box on mind. There is no fine line between operator and collector........................................................