Author Topic: I GOT A NEW FISH TALES FOR EASTER/I PAIDED THOUGH :(  (Read 1338 times)

Offline Pinfan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
My CFTBL knocker is extremely loud to the point that i know its going to go off and i still get a fright!

All the others are reasonable... Not sure why!
Some people have big HEADS !

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE

I really like your approach to working on this pin Pete. It looks very much like a professional shop job. Of course, once I saw the Nifti in the pictures, I was sold !

Good Stuff Pete - Keep up the good work  ^^^

Wow Nino thanks for those kind words-coming from you with the awesome work you do made me feel pretty chuffed/Yeah I thought you'd like the "Product Placement" of the nifti.
Thanks again Marco for the special gift in the mail <..>
Next job is Flipper kits-the originals are good but I'll put new ones in while changing the bats and yeah Brett the Fish tale knocker is pretty loud but it adds to the excitment I reckon.
Peter
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 08:14:19 PM by GORGAR 1 »

Offline andrew (nob)

• Forum Posts:
Some Fishtales machines that havent been played much have the knocker on top of the headbox with the fish etc, and when it bangs the tail etc, it scares the living crap outta you cause it is extremely extremely loud. Almost too too loud.

Have you guys experienced that before and had the crap scared outta ya.?  !@#

When I bought my FT is was dirtier than this as a plaster ceiling had collapsed on it - the whole playfield was covered in plaster dust as well as standard grime. Since the Topper cover was broken I took the topper off for the first 9 months. I finally got the topper put back together and discovered a previous operator had cut the solonoid wire to the fish. Once I got the fish working again I can understand why operators disabled the mechanism. It's not only very loud, but it did distract me enough to lose a couple of balls.

great job on the resto. I havent replaced any decals on mine, just cleaned it up well enough for a good game (and i replaced the one missing plastic on the right side of the boat)

checkout what watto did with LEDs.

andrew

Offline Pinmem

• Forum Posts:
  • Caroline Springs, Melbourne
Peter remember I still have the nemo topper for you to replace  :D

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Peter remember I still have the nemo topper for you to replace  :D

#@# My pass on that Topper Oscar but thanks anyway :lol

Peter

Offline discobob65

• Forum Posts:
  • Victoria, Australia..

I really like your approach to working on this pin Pete. It looks very much like a professional shop job. Of course, once I saw the Nifti in the pictures, I was sold !

Good Stuff Pete - Keep up the good work  ^^^

Could someone please explain which parts on pinball are cleaned using Nifti. Never used it, hoping to learn some new cleaning ideas.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE

Good Stuff Pete - Keep up the good work  ^^^

Could someone please explain which parts on pinball are cleaned using Nifti. Never used it, hoping to learn some new cleaning ideas.

I use it all the time on the side art as the muck just comes straight off-I've never used it on the playfield.

Peter

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
I use Nifty (on a rag) to clean the heavily soiled areas on playfields (DMD era).  I avoid using it directly onto plastics (ie printed/decaled ones) but clear ramps it works a treat.

NEVER spray liquids directly onto a playfield.  Always onto a rag first, then use to clean.

Any updates Mr GORGAR?  I bet its sparkling clean now!

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
I use Nifty (on a rag) to clean the heavily soiled areas on playfields (DMD era).  I avoid using it directly onto plastics (ie printed/decaled ones) but clear ramps it works a treat.

NEVER spray liquids directly onto a playfield.  Always onto a rag first, then use to clean.

Hi Marty,

Not many updates but have put on a chrome glass trim(thanks Oscar) and that looks great-have ordered LED's for playfield and have started cleaning under the playfield and will start re-building flippers and so on soon/all playfield lights are working a treat(thanks Dave/Silverball) for your help, its a real fast fun game to play I'm so glad I chose FT as my next machine.

Peter

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle

Hi Marty,

Not many updates but have put on a chrome glass trim(thanks Oscar) and that looks great-have ordered LED's for playfield and have started cleaning under the playfield and will start re-building flippers and so on soon/all playfield lights are working a treat(thanks Dave/Silverball) for your help, its a real fast fun game to play I'm so glad I chose FT as my next machine.

Peter

Pics of the chrome glass trim?
 ()

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
I'll have a pic up tonight Greg and you where right I love this game it's a gem with heaps to do.

Peter

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
I'll have a pic up tonight Greg and you where right I love this game it's a gem with heaps to do.

Peter

Thanks Peter, its a top 5 machine in my opinion, and I would be happy to own FT forever.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Hard to see with the camera but in real life it's awesome.

Peter ^^^

« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 09:20:27 PM by GORGAR 1 »

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
well its much better than thr ratty easy broken black plastic ones!

Just noticed your stretch the truth meter bulbs do not have yellow condoms.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Yeah I took the yellow condons off as it looks so much brighter and "modern" with shiney clear globes on flashing away. I think they just brighton the area up a little.

Peter