Author Topic: Wms Travel Time  (Read 3834 times)

Offline FirePower

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
Re: Wms Travel Time
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2010, 10:07:12 AM »
The cleanness and the colours on that look sensational. Seriously great work.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2011, 10:11:08 PM »
Time for the final update on Travel Time;

Yes its pretty much finished now

I spent some time over the weekend cleaning and refitting the ball trough components, rebuilding the outhole kicker, and removing, cleaning and resoldering the bases of most of the pf lamp sockets.

I have an old Wms Superstar pf here that i have been using for parts, and it provided a few items that went into getting this game going. mostly coil stops, a flipper coil base, plus the coil mounting bracket pictured in the 1st pic.. notice the one on the right, the hole was worn elongated, so one flipper coil was flopping around!! One of the flippers had no coil sleeve at all so im guessing that this is the result of that!!

Also Cam had provided me with a couple of relay coils for the hold relay and the "zero position" relay, which activates when the PF "clock" is at zero position. Now i had initially got the game going without replacing these, but seeing as Cam had bought them, and how burnt the originals were i thought i should fit them for him. It was lucky i did, because the originals literally fell apart when i removed them!! The new coils are shown in the 2nd pic. Notice the yellow wire connected between them... I have no idea why this was done, looking at the pic of the schematic, someone has unhooked the relay coil from one side of a set of contacts on the hold relay, and connected it to the other side... which in effect was making the zero position relay being energised while ever the game was on and in game over mode ^&^ just why this was done is beyond me, it was effectively allowing two coils to cook instead of one, for no good reason that i can think of  !@# ^&^

Anyway i rewired the coil back to standard (4th pic) and i have tested the game and it works was it should.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2011, 10:24:03 PM »
When the game was brought to me and opened up, one of the chime bars was broken. I remembered i had some old chime bars in my bits n pieces, so i found an old Gottlieb bar that would be able to modify to fit, so i took the liberty of fitting it, even though i wasnt asked to do so. Cam generally tells me to do what ever i think needs doing to his games, and the chime bar i had would likely never have been used so i thought i'd do him a favour and replace the missing chime  *%*
As part of the modifying process i shortened it slightly to alter its pitch, so that it sounded right with the other chimes, and i gave them a bit of a polish up while i was working on them. They sound really sweet in operation too!!

And finally a couple of pics of the finished playfield!! well one plastic was missing.. i dont know if Cam has that at home or not, so he may have to try to locate one.
I'd never played this game before so i was really keen to get to play it when i had it finished. The timed gameplay instead of 3 or 5 balls is really interesting, actually its a really good player i think!! really fun game *%*  So now i get to play test it until Cam comes back here to pick it up #@# #@#
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 10:30:46 PM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline big dog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Grafton
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2011, 10:17:20 AM »
Wow, thanks Mitch,I've seen it in person and it looks better than pic's.also thanks for the new years entertanment it was a shock to see you up on stage playing lead (great songs) and most of all," shit man you never told me you could sing!''. Wife carn't stop raving about it.  Once again ,Thanks heaps and please don't get to high a score to beat @.@

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2011, 11:27:35 AM »

That playfield looks "factory" fresh to me - well done  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2011, 03:34:50 PM »
Nice job mate  ^^^

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2011, 05:18:03 PM »
Another great job mitch your skills are fantastic and your posts are really worth reading thanks again

Offline oldpins

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane North QLD
    • oldpinballs.com
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2011, 05:48:45 PM »
My brother owns a TT as well. It's a great game to play. Offered to buy it from him many times, however he won't part with it. !!!  A great job on the restore ! @@*