Author Topic: Some one buy this  (Read 850 times)

Offline Ant68

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Some one buy this
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 01:18:32 PM »
I wll give you hand relief and a carton if I get it.  (I will have my edward scissor hand glove on at the time of the relief not giving the carton)
!@# !@#

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 02:17:01 PM »
I wll give you hand relief and a carton if I get it.  (I will have my edward scissor hand glove on at the time of the relief not giving the carton)
!@# !@#

yep, that's a dodgy offer rite there  *!@

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 06:35:29 PM »
I now have a contract with the seller.  If the seller does not honor the contract I have to explore my options. I will let you know when and if the seller contacts me.

You should explore your options, but if it were me I would hesitate spending too much money exploring. The common law will allow a contract to be rendered void under the "snapping up" doctrine (offer to good to be true "snapped up" and accepted.) Equity would likely refuse specific performance where the seller claims there was a mistake in the pricing. Of course, this is just general observation and may not apply to your purchase.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 08:18:04 PM »
I would not hold someone to a sale if it was listed by mistake and the seller advises accordingly.

It doesnt seem to be the Aussie thing to do. Karma is Karma.

In any event, If the seller does honour it, Homepin is in need of this machine more than any because the identical machine he has would dearly love to accept some donor parts or at least a scan of the Translite. If i got it for $300 i would share in the good luck of it and re-offer it for the $300 to Mike (Homepin) who is a top bloke who would make absolute best use of this machine.

My thoughts anyway.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010, 09:21:58 PM »
i seem to recall his name,i think he had a hankin `howzat` for sale couple yrs ago,i think it is a mistake
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2010, 11:51:19 PM »
I would not hold someone to a sale if it was listed by mistake and the seller advises accordingly.

And nor would the law hold the seller - see above.

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline rads

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2010, 12:41:50 PM »
He contacted me and explained it was a mistake as I was 99% sure it was.  It would not be worth my while pursuing this morally or legally.  I have told him I won't be and to forget it.  I have already bought three games this week so that will do me for a while.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2010, 01:27:55 PM »
Morally the right decision. Legally you'd have been wasting your time and money in my opinion.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2010, 02:54:55 PM »
Morally the right decision. Legally you'd have been wasting your time and money in my opinion.

I agree - Hopefully the seller will check his auctions in the future. Reminds me of the woman who tried to sell her husband's expensive Porsche for $5000 during a messy divorce.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2010, 07:43:20 PM »
+1