Author Topic: Another Tender Center find!!  (Read 280 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Another Tender Center find!!
« on: April 26, 2010, 09:33:10 PM »
Hi Guys.. here is #16 for the pinbologists collection!! Wms Stella Wars. Bought this one yesterday from the Tender Center in Port Macquarie, while i was there for the weekend. I was on my way home yesterday, about 1.30pm when Ian (howzat on here) called me about this game he had spotted there. I was in Wauchope when he called, (about a 10 - 15 minute drive from Port), so i quickly decided to meet him at his house and go back for a look see.
Stellar wars was game i always liked back in the good old days, so it was one on my wishlist. Also having Ian's stellar wars here when i repaired it for him had reminded me of the good old days of playing this title as well.

The game was supposed to work but needed rubbers, as was written in the paper stuck to the glass, but when we switched it on, and tried starting a game.. no solenoid action, some flickering segments and no sounds. Anyway seeing the awesome condition the game was in, naturally i decided to have a bid, so i bidded $1200, recognising heaps of potential. I was flying blind with the bid because they dont tell you what the reserve is, or the currend highest bid. Anyhow Ian and i were fairly confident id get it, and waited til 4pm to before i finally found out that my bid had won!!  $#$ so... with their commision on top, and their credit card payment surcharge, it came to just over $1300, still pretty good i reckon!!

Anyhow the game is now being stored at Ians house in his gameroom til i work out where im going to fit it in at home  ^&^ ^&^
By the way, Ian found the Quick draw pin that i bought at xmas time as well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT.. forgot to mention, that we later found out the reserve price was $1500, and the next highest bid to mine was about $1050 i think.. i almost bidded $1100 instead if 1200.. (wanted to make sure i got it :lol ) At least two other people also looked at the machine while i was there!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 09:10:27 AM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Another Tender Center find!!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 09:45:11 PM »
the game , as said before is in GREAT shape for its age, The backglass does have some fading in the reds, but apart from that looks sweet as! The only paint missing from the glass is to the top right of the 2nd player display.

Cabinet paint is also in incredible condition, i wont be respraying this cab. Just a few bit of paint chipped off the backbox front edges, that i might be able to mask off the rest and respray.. will worry about that later when resto time comes. The game must've only had one owner, or only saw one location, judging from the cabinet condition, none of the usual dents and marks that are usually seen on these old games when they have been moved around a lot.

The only real damage to this game is some playfield wear, around the inserts... The playfield will be just about the only thing i will have to restore... aside from the electronic issues that is. they (electronic probs) will be sorted out first before anything else will be done.

Notice in the 2nd and 3rd pics the elastic bands used on the slingshots :lol :lol

« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 09:13:02 AM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 09:49:51 PM »

Good score, Mitch. I can remember this title alongside "Pokerino".

Looking forward to the restoration
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 10:01:54 PM »
A couple of pics pf the two Stellar Wars.. Ian's is on the left of the SF2

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 10:07:50 PM »
Nice one mitch that playfield wear looks like a lot of work i know this guy who is really great at playfield touchups.  Ill find his details im sure he has a dracula restore on here some place  ^^^

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 10:13:00 PM »
Nice one mitch that playfield wear looks like a lot of work i know this guy who is really great at playfield touchups.  Ill find his details im sure he has a dracula restore on here some place  ^^^

No worries, Thanks Daniel  :lol :lol :lol

Playfield on this will be a piece of piss after Dracula and Wildfyre  ^^^
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 10:15:14 PM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline Mango

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 01:32:38 AM »

I like the original Battlestar Galactica ships on the side art and the backglass

Offline FirePower

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 01:27:07 PM »
Great machine, love the low down bumpers.  With your level of skills it looks like it will be way too easy!