Author Topic: Direct Ink Playfield Restorations Review  (Read 265 times)

Offline greatwichjohn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
Direct Ink Playfield Restorations Review
« on: April 28, 2010, 12:15:40 PM »
As I slowly go through the backlog of playfields sent in over the years. I hoped to have them all done by July, but more than likely it will be September before the backlog is done. Working on the Space Shuttle's & Sorcerer's, before moving on to Star Gazer, Eight Ball Deluxe, & High Speed.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/8f53b1c1ddcda997?hl=en#
World leader in small production of pinball products using modern commercial uv inkjet technology.

Offline necroscope

• Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
Re: Direct Ink Playfield Restorations Review
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 07:43:06 PM »
Hey john the space shuttle playfield looks awesome,very well done,from the comments in rec games it's taken you a long time to perfect this technique,now that you have worked it out can you print any playfield you choose and how long does the whole process take?would love to hear a bit more about the process and if you plan to make a fulltime buisness ect from it ()

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 11:33:01 PM »

That's great John. Nice of Ed to provide you with the art and test playfield. He would be a great judge of the quality of your efforts.

Well done  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline greatwichjohn

• Forum Posts:
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 12:49:46 PM »
I believe any playfield could be done from em's to modern. I now my CSI could do with a restoration even in little huo, serious wear around the side of skill shot hole & bottom. Still waiting to see if Stern does anything for poor quality playfields they put out.

I have a real job to pay the bills. Anything can be done if someone has an art file, even custom work.
World leader in small production of pinball products using modern commercial uv inkjet technology.

Offline necroscope

• Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 08:04:25 PM »
So to get an art file on a table would someone need to get a scanner and scan there playfield,would it have to be a certain type of scanner and i guess would they have to use a program to join the scans and then create an artfile with the right dimensions ect,guess it wouldnt be a simple task,also i guess the new playfield would have to be dimpled as well. !@#

edit just realised your service requires the original playfield,ok so out of curiosity how much are you going to charge for the playfield to be reprinted..thanks
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 12:21:23 PM by necroscope »

Offline greatwichjohn

• Forum Posts:
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 03:50:06 AM »
Custom playfield art can be done for existing playfields or new custom routered & lensed ones. Right now in the fall there is 2 of the same custom new playfields going to be done. Someone is asking about a bunch of playfields (new pin or custom pin) that they would like to see finished for art & cleared. I have a demanding full time job so I am not getting into the business of pinball restorations as a living!

Anyone interested in doing art, usually gets a playfield restored for free! All you need to do is 300 dpi or better in Corel, AI, photoshop, or other program. It doesn't need to be vector art which takes huge amount of time & effort. Scan(s) help to speed the process along.

There might be other art coming my way after I get through the backlog. I am not limited to doing just early electronic pins, just haven't seen any em or more modern stuff come my way.