Author Topic: HOW MUCH DO U PAY ???  (Read 686 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
HOW MUCH DO U PAY ???
« on: April 30, 2010, 08:32:29 PM »
Just interested in getting a general consensus of what everyone else pays per quarter for their home electricity bill ?

For the last 6 years, my bill was around the $350 to $400 maximum per quarter. Based on a decent size 4-5 bedroom house etc with air cond.etc. 2 adults and a few kids.

But the lat 2 x quarters have been $600 plus. WTF ? We use no more, in fact we use less power than ever before because i have become a bit of a electricity Nazi to save money. (better putting $ to new pins that the elec companies)

But, everyone i know, says the same thing. Their bills have sky-rocketed as well.

What are u guys getting slugged per quarter now, and what has the history been per quarter for you.

Unfortunately, our hobby uses the juice which is the only downside at the pocket per quarter.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Re: HOW MUCH DO U PAY ???
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 08:41:41 PM »
Generally around $550 per quarter - but we do have 10 people in the house at the moment.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 11:15:39 PM »
Around $450 a quarter my compressor is the biggest Killer you should see the Coin Op meter fly when i start that up LOL

Offline Bayview

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Hervey Bay. Qld.
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 11:24:59 PM »
$625 the last bill.
Similar situation to yours, Cave.
Yeah, sucks doesn't it ^.^
Ya just gotta luv an EM.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 11:33:50 PM »
Just seen your location Bayview... have just returned from a week in H bay... had i known  i would have looked you up! Was gasping for a pin to play!

Offline Bayview

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Hervey Bay. Qld.
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 12:15:54 AM »
Just seen your location Bayview... have just returned from a week in H bay... had i known  i would have looked you up! Was gasping for a pin to play!

Bummer. Well, will just have to catch up next time. Plenty of pins to play here.
Ya just gotta luv an EM.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 09:50:31 AM »
my neighbour just told me his electricity bill was $1200 for the quarter.  !*!

we are all paying for that ridiculous roof insulation scheme. what a joke.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 10:15:36 AM »
If I owned my own house I would cover the roof in solar pannels. it might cost a fortune to set up but it would pay for it self after a few years.
but i am stuck in the rent rut.
I nearly pay as much rent as the average morgage.  ^&^ ^.^
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 10:22:11 AM »
Ive taken 1/2 the light globes out and replaced what was left with energy saving type, also turned the hot water system down from 75c to 55c. The kids are limited to how much time they can spend in the shower. try not to use the oven too much and use BBQ where possible. This has made NO difference to my bills what so ever... mine have gone from $300 a quarter to nearly $500 with 7 days to pay once bill is received.
 My wife insisted that we get a big f*ck off  flat screen TV cos it will save on energy...... WRONG!!@!! Once home i compared the massive CRT one that was getting chucked and the new flat screen and the flat screen pulls a further 20W of power.
Interested observation though...

In my shop where i manufacture illuminated signage i have the place absolutely flooded with neon 24/7... most are on high efficiency electronic power supplies. Those that are not are on iron core transformers which are almost a pure inductor... so what they pull they then pretty much throw back down the line on the next AC wave. My biggest energy sucker is the bombarder... pulls 40A at full pelt and delivers 20,000V @ 1A. My bills here are absolutely minimal... laughable in fact.. $200 a quarter.
It would be cheaper for me to run 15mm neon round the whole perimeter of my lounge room, than it would be to have 3 off 40W bulbs... be bloody bright though!!!

Offline FirePower

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 10:47:51 AM »
Interesting - I have an unpaid power bill sitting on my desk and I note that my power costs me $0.156 per kWh.

Now a pin is 240V and draws about 2A, I've never measured it, but a reasonable ball park figure I think.  So a pin consumes about 500W/h and would cost me about $0.08 per hour to run.  Pretty cheap fun.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 11:27:15 AM »
Ours jumped in the December quarter to $600 from around high $300, but the pool went in and with the pumps etc, it's hard to tell what the cause was for the hike. Will get a better idea over the next couple of quarters I guess.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 07:56:29 PM »
my neighbour just told me his electricity bill was $1200 for the quarter.  !*!

we are all paying for that ridiculous roof insulation scheme. what a joke.

That is about what I pay, at work, to run a bakery ;)

vote 1 Labor

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 08:05:02 PM »
Our bills were getting up around the $600 mark.  We recently installed a 1kw solar power system on the house and still haven't got the updated meter that will give us 60c per kW/h produced.  Our last bill went down a smidge but everyone else has been complaining about how much their bills have gone up.  It looks as though the solar power will take a bit of sting out of the power bills at least.  Winter might be a bit different with less daylight hours and solar power production reduced.
Addicted to pins.

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2010, 08:07:45 PM »
Just interested in getting a general consensus of what everyone else pays per quarter for their home electricity bill ?

For the last 6 years, my bill was around the $350 to $400 maximum per quarter. Based on a decent size 4-5 bedroom house etc with air cond.etc. 2 adults and a few kids.

But the lat 2 x quarters have been $600 plus. WTF ? We use no more, in fact we use less power than ever before because i have become a bit of a electricity Nazi to save money. (better putting $ to new pins that the elec companies)

But, everyone i know, says the same thing. Their bills have sky-rocketed as well.

What are u guys getting slugged per quarter now, and what has the history been per quarter for you.

Unfortunately, our hobby uses the juice which is the only downside at the pocket per quarter.

we lucky to pay 600 every 3 months at work ...

Offline pinball-collector

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010, 09:09:16 PM »
Not happy with this so called smart meter,,paying for it, an extra $16 a 1/4 for shit l dont need, still wont be installed untill another  few years.. we are gtting screwed, with everything.. ^.^