Author Topic: BEAKY TO THE RESCUE - AGAIN !  (Read 273 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
BEAKY TO THE RESCUE - AGAIN !
« on: May 01, 2010, 03:35:33 PM »
My sega Viper Night Drivin pinball machine has been doing weird shite since I purchased it.
The machine was purchased from a QLD seller, and it was supposed to have come fully shopped, IT CERTAINLY DID NOT COME SHOPPED.
(I wont mention that I have had this bodgyness from 2 x QLD sellers who cant shop for shite). Thats why i only buy from Melbourne now, or from my good mate Martyn, who lives locally.
A machine shld never come dirty with faults, that is not a shopped machine. But QLD is renown for some bodgy sellers).

Anyway, during game play, it would stay too long in some game modes, and not disconnect from that game mode ? I thought it was a suspect software problem, given that there were only around 1,000 made, BUT Andrew (Beaky) came to the rescue and identified a malfunctioning ball trough switch. He pulled it out, adjusted it, and all was good.  *Now, finally I can play the game the way it was meant to be played.

Then we have Batman Forever pinball. It had a intermittant issue with the dot-matrix. I purchased a Upgrade Dot Matrix power supply cable from Marco spec for a huge $9 and Andrew fitted this for me and now the problem is gone. Another easy fix.

Thank god for Beaky (Andrew). There is nothing this guy cant fix on a pinball machine. Any Queenslanders, who want a pinball tech who knows everything and anything about every make n model of pins, call Andrew and u will be happy. I have had a few so called experts up here rip me off and do hack repairs, which Andrew identified and fixed. Those hack repairers, along with a few of the bodgy QLD sellers, have now entered my blacklist never to be used again.

Nothing better than having a honest pinball tech around the corner.  ^^^

« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 06:34:47 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
Re: BEAKY TO THE RESCUE - AGAIN !
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 03:53:09 PM »
beaky move south  *%*

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 04:46:02 PM »
thanks brett for the credit.
I found it strange that when you captured the ball it would ask you to lock a second ball when there was no other ball on the playfield, then the pin would go into ball search mode and kick the captured ball out. but the pin never said that there was a missing ball either. and it would always start when you pressed the start button. the problem would only occur when after you lost 3 of the 4 balls in multi ball, the 3rd ball would get stuck on the switch and not press the switch down, but when you lost the last ball it would knock the 3rd ball and the 3rd ball would press the switch down properly. it would only do this with the playfield in the normal play position, if you lifted the playfield up it would work fine and not get stuck. I did a switch test with the playfield down and simulated loosing 3 balls by putting 1 ball at a time into the ball trough, I noticed that the 3rd switch was not registering, but when the 4th ball was dropped into the trough the 3rd and 4th switch would both register at the same time so i adjusted the 3rd switch and all was fine when i did the switch test again.  ^^^
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline johnwartjr

• Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 05:50:57 PM »
I have no actual facts to base this on.. but a friend of mine is the biggest VND fan I've EVER met, and he swears the game is completely different after upgrading the software.

I sent him 2.01 chips after he had been running 1.something for a long time, and he said the game is much, much better.

So, if you're not running version 2 or newer, I suggest having Beaky upgrade them for you.

And if you do need the upgrade - I'd be interested to hear what you think after it's done!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 07:12:15 PM »
John, I just checked, it has got the version 2.01 roms in it. the roms are dated april 1998.

Ask your mate if he has selected the "Adult audio" in the menu. It has the vigorous noises of an adult lady being charmed in the back seat of the viper, if u know what i mean. I am sure he has correctly chosen the correct setting in the menu to have the "glow balls" installed. It apparently, sets the coils or flipper strength a certain way, since the glow balls weigh quite a bit less than standard silver balls. I am sure your friend cleans the yellow glow balls with Gumption, cause it is the only product i have found that makes the balls very very clean.

Yeh, i love Viper Night Drivin, its like having 2 machines in one when the multiball kicks in with only the black lights going. Really like 2 x different machines.

I would be interested to hear what ya mate thinks of the different setings and if he thinks the same way as i do about Viper being a definate keeper.  ^^^

link below for others to view, regards, Brett
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4359&picno=3372&zoom=1
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 07:16:28 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 08:10:45 PM »
the update cable we add to all those big displays now
of the Larger displays which is the best pin ....

Frankenstein
Batman
Baywatch
Maverick