Author Topic: Something You Don't See Everyday - Wms Pennant Fever Pitch & Bat  (Read 192 times)

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Hey Guys,

I recently picked up a Wms Pennant Fever Pitch & Bat project machine.  There isn't very much information out there about this machine but here is a brief background of the title.

Designed by Mark Ritchie in 1984.  It was the first solid state pitch and bat machine ever produced and used a System 8 boardset that was only used in one machine.   There were two colour schemes used on this machine, the white version can be seen on the IPDB and I have the green and yellow version.

I was very lucky with this machine in that the CPU just needed a remote battery holder fitted and a couple of dry joints reflowed and away she went.  The displays aren't working at present, I haven't even looked into that problem yet.

The backglass is pretty ordinary unfortunately so I will try to source a replacement down the track.  It had a fair bit of peeling down the bottom and is also faded.  Playfield has wear up towards the top of the playfield - the paint was very very dry and brittle when I got it.

I don't imagine there would be too many of these machines in Australia, they seemed to have been reasonably popular in the States as you would expect.  Not sure how many machines were actually produced.  If anyone has any more information on this title I'd be happy to hear about it.  it's not a bad machine to play and will be something different to add to the collection.

More resto pics http://s479.photobucket.com/albums/rr153/Talby671/Pennant%20Fever/

« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 08:05:48 PM by Pintoxicated »
Addicted to pins.

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Very nice indeed.  Great pickup.

I am starting to sway my collection to some of these types of 'different' machines.  I can appreciate WMS and other manufactures thinking outside the square when they designed these.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Very nice indeed.  Great pickup.

I am starting to sway my collection to some of these types of 'different' machines.  I can appreciate WMS and other manufactures thinking outside the square when they designed these.

Yeah I'm going through a phase of liking something different in the collection.  I'm never going to be able to afford a room full of 'A' listers so I'm going to have a crack at the WTF is that list machines.  :)
Addicted to pins.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Pitch and Bat games are very popular in the USA. Because us Aussies are not really into baseball, not many of these would have made it to our shores. I like the novelty of these machines - good pickup !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Great score ive always wanted a pitch and bat for some reason i think its the WTF aswell

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
It will be interesting to see how much use it gets once the novelty wears off but I am really happy with the way this old girl is cleaning up and running.

Addicted to pins.