Author Topic: NEW PIN - photos n updates !  (Read 1433 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: NEW PIN - photos n updates !
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2010, 01:31:36 AM »
UPDATE

I spent a good 6 to 8 hours stripping the playfield. I replaced fifty blown bulbs, replaced several flashers and added a new rubber kit.
I used the treasure cove polishing kit. I still feel mills wax is pretty dam good. I did feel the consistency of the TC polish was a bit watery, although the one designed to bring mylar up to par was gritty and was pretty good. The spounges/lambs wool and various attachments that come with the super kit
 ( all 2, 3 and 4 inch sets) are great. The TC kit is excellent.From my point of view, polish is polish so the hardware is the real secret to success here.

I am now half way to putting all of the playfield back together. She is looking good so far.

I will add some photos tomorrow.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2010, 08:48:50 AM »
Sounds great Brett just love your excitement with this gem getting her back to the way she should-cant wait for the pictures.

Peter ^^^

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2010, 08:00:03 PM »
well time to work my magic on the ramps.
i have cleaned all the ramps so far.
now for the flame polishing. this is a bit more difficult because the decals are still on them but i just worked around them.
they had some horrible ball tracks worn into them

before pics below
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 08:03:13 PM by beaky »
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2010, 08:01:34 PM »
and the first flame polished ramp (after alcohol wipes then novus 2 & 1, then flamed)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 08:10:28 PM by beaky »
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2010, 08:02:13 PM »
terrific result

Offline Redback

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2010, 08:37:40 PM »
Nice!
Found hobby, now need coin

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2010, 09:03:01 PM »
the metal flaps have been removed and are sitting in some rust converter.
drilling those rivets out is always a pain in the ars. the trick is to use a very sharp drill bit and apply no pressure, plus stop every few seconds and let the rivets cool so the heat does not melt the plastic.

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2010, 03:08:39 PM »
The ramps have all been cleaned and reassembled.
came up pretty good

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2010, 08:23:10 PM »
good work beaky!! ^^^
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2010, 11:38:16 AM »

Those ramps look brand new !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2010, 03:24:09 PM »

Those ramps look brand new !
thanks strangeways.
I repainted the flaps, first i used etch primer then i painted them with engine enamel and baked them in the oven for an hour. this makes the paint really stick.

and of course i used my rivet press to re rivet the flaps on. the cheapest i can get the rivets for is 25c each, but if i buy them in Aus they are 50c each. when you compare the price of these rivets to a pop rivet its quite expensive.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 03:29:47 PM by beaky »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2010, 10:18:56 PM »
I picked these ramps up tonight from Andy, and they look absolutely better than brand new.  ^^^ ^^^

The silver has come up like chrome, the black ramp flaps look amazing, and the flame polishing has made the ramps as clear as crystal.

If anyone in S.E Queensland (Brisy or Gold Coast) needs anything restored for a small amount of cash, Andrew is the man. There is nothing with a pinball machine Andrew cant make like brand new, or work like new again. Andy does all my restore work, mechanical, board repairs etc.

I must be the luckiest bloke in Australia when I met Andy thru the forum. Gotta love this hobby.
Its terrific being involved with all of the top blokes on the forum. A wealth of knowledge. !  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2010, 11:02:15 PM »
Fantastic job they look as good as new to me

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2010, 10:21:46 PM »
Well, finally, after being a bit slack for the last 3 weeks, Jurrasic Park- The lost World (Sega 1998) is fully back together and is playing perfectly.

The ramps look better than brand new after Beaky's flame polish job. The treasure Cove kit worked a treat. Beakys help as usual was great.

We got the ball snagger device which picks up balls from the playfield and drops them into the top of the truck working perfectly.

This is one fun pinball machine and an absolute load of fun to play. Very fast playfield.

Again, a huge thanks to Mark C for scourcing the machine for me, and its now fullfilled my dream of collecting all of the 97 and 98 model Sega Showcase pinballs that i reckon are an absolute blast.

I will add a video and some pictures over the weekend. The guys coming up from sydney and newcastle for the AA meet will get to play it, and all the others that i have waiting for my fellow pinhead enthusiasts. ! Should be great fun.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 10:24:14 PM by Caveoftreasures »