Author Topic: Juke box fine tuning  (Read 335 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Juke box fine tuning
« on: May 25, 2010, 09:31:08 PM »
OK.. she is working.

Only managed to fill to 50% capacity and a new needle installed. One problem still remains..

Rowe Music Merchant #1 never selects proper selection. It will take record 2 tracks back or sometimes 4 tracks back. For example, if i choose N1 it will play either L1 or J1.
Ive reset selector gear to "200"and record magazine to A1 as manual states but symptoms persist.

Any clues?

I could have sworn that resetting would fix it, but its made no difference.

yeh i know...... not much juke action here, but its worth a go

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: Juke box fine tuning
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 10:16:25 PM »
Sound to me Gav that the selector unit is not pushing out the right pins its very hard to see but try adjusting the arm with the coils that push the pins

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 06:37:38 PM »
Sound to me Gav that the selector unit is not pushing out the right pins its very hard to see but try adjusting the arm with the coils that push the pins

Was worth checking out..... i chose E7.. allowed the juke to fire the pin and then disabled the scan with the controller. Removed the scan assembly and looked at the back to see which pin had been pushed through... sure enough.. was E7.
So its hitting the right pin.

Mate, checking in the manual, the whole record magazine is held on the spindle by 1 allen screw ( hard to believe but its all there in glorious black and white). Seeing as ive already reset the whole assembly and yet its still  2 spaces out, my theory now is that the magazine is not at zero point on the spindle.

Ill try get some time over the weekend... it means pulling the whole guts out again ( groan), but ive braved it once already... it aint  so scarey after all  ^^^ ^^^

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 08:43:23 PM »
You will get there Gav  ^^^  Still have not touched mine LOL

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 05:39:03 PM »
Thought id post this update....

have now filled the machine with records... every juke has a duff record in there so i chucked in a Joan Byez record... hope it never gets selected!

Ive reset the magazine and record gear ( magazine at A1 and gear at 200) - somehow this had slipped.

But heres a curly one... It plays the correct record so long as its on one side of the magazine..... move further round and the selector goes BETWEEN records and so pulls out nothing... further round again and it is ONE track out... further round and it is TWO tracks out... then one again... then between again... then correct again.

I guess i could call this a consistent inconsistent fault?

I have the manual that goes with this actual machine and in the fault finding section is the heading " selector chooses wrong record each time"  this has been asterisked heavily by previous owner...... and so the saga continues.

tell the truth.. if i can get it to select each time, then ill just have it on random play.... just pray that bloody Joan dont get picked..... oh! theres one in there for all you Aussies ( too much pommie punk for you all i reckon)... found "Sun Arise" by good old Rolf that ive had since i was about 8 years old... bloody great track... fella deserved his OBE   ^^^ %.%

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 07:09:31 PM »
 !@# !@# !@#  UMMMMMMM    Sorry mate ive got nothing   !@# !@# !@# !@#

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 07:28:56 PM »
Theres a set of wipers tucked away at the back... real bugger to get to. I can see them when the whole workings are taken out... these are filthy and more than likely misadjusted.... this is the last place to look for incorrect records being chosen. I pretty much have to pull every gear out etc to get to them and im not looking forward to the job.
if symptoms persist after this then im buggered as to what the fault could be... but once this is done, then absolutely everything has been realigned

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 07:47:48 PM »
Good luck Gav and keep us posted i may have to do the same to mine when i pull my finger out