Author Topic: How do I set my Williams World Cup 1978 on Free play??  (Read 277 times)

Offline infinite1977

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
  • Roger 504 apprehend him
How do I set my Williams World Cup 1978 on Free play??
« on: May 27, 2010, 10:17:10 PM »
Hey guys, does anyone know how to set a Williams World Cup 1978 onto free play? Can this even be done?

Cheers

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

George - Set option 18 in the setup to "0". This reduces the number of credits - hidden setting.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline infinite1977

• Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
I have tried changing it. I can seem to set maximum credits, but cant change any values. Not a biggy, will continue trying to understand the set up, seems a little too old school for me  :)

I am assuming your talking about the switches on the CPU board? Will mess around with it on the weekend.

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
I have tried changing it. I can seem to set maximum credits, but cant change any values. Not a biggy, will continue trying to understand the set up, seems a little too old school for me  :)

I am assuming your talking about the switches on the CPU board? Will mess around with it on the weekend.
use the button inside the coin door

Set the AUTO-UP/MANUAL-DOWN switch to AUTO-UP and depress the advance button until the number 18 is in the match display. then press the start button until the number in the score display goes to 0
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline infinite1977

• Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
I have gone through that setting. Option 18 is set to 4 and I cant seem to change the value for some reason.

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
I have gone through that setting. Option 18 is set to 4 and I cant seem to change the value for some reason.

Are you using the start button?

Peter

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
whoops system 3
yes you need to use dip switches.
i am trying to figure out how to set it to free play.

Press diagnostic button (bottom button on mpu board) and check leds flash twice and displays are blank.
Set function dip switch (bottom set of dip switches on mpu) 6 on, 8 on and all others off
set data dip switch (top set of dip switches on mpu) to all off (which =00)
press enter button (top button on mpu board) and check leds flash once.

hope this works for you. i have worked this out by reading a system 3 user manual

« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 01:17:55 AM by beaky »
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline FirePower

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
George,

Beaky has you on the right track to set it via the dips, it's function 5 (Maximum credits, set to a value of 0) on test number 4.  Having fiddled with my WC I can see why WMS abandoned this method of changing settings %.%

Keep in mind if you do set it to free play via the dips then the knocker seems to stop working - so no knock when you start a game, win a match or achieve a high score. I love this sound as a feature on pins.

You can also mount an extra switch on the back of the start button which is wired to the coin microswitch.  Pushing start adds a credit and starts a game, knocker still functions.

I'm still digging out those switches for you, will try get them in the post on the weekend.

Offline infinite1977

• Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
Thanks guys, I think I tried that dip switch setting, will look at it again on the weekend.

Cheers

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Another option which will keep the knocker active for you is to have the Replay setting so low that as soon as you score you are awarded a free game or 2.
 I have my EMs set up to lowest value for Replay. very rarely i have to go into coin door and rack up a credit.... but thats just a testament to my playing skills

Offline infinite1977

• Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
Thats a good idea cheers

Offline PinPal

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Pinpal Pinball
Would that take the fun out of game  to have youre score so lo to rack up a credit?.  A Williams Flash Pinball I just got had a remote credit switch put under the machie on opposite side to the power switch. This was wired from the coin chute switch and works very well.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 10:55:56 PM by PinPal »