Author Topic: Iron man review  (Read 193 times)

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Iron man review
« on: June 15, 2010, 10:44:47 AM »
Pinball news have finished their in-depth look at iron man, Part two with all the rules etc is here:

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/ironman/index5b.html

I recently got the chance to have a few games of Iron man, and think it is a good game, it has cool ramps, fun shots (war machine shooting back at you keeps you on your toes), and the use of magnets I really loved (I am a bit partial to the use of magnets to control pinballs  *%* ).
It is not the greatest game ever, but it is a good fun, fast paced game.
Its always nice to play a brand new pinball, while all the rubbers and playfield are perfect and the flippers nice and snappy  *%*

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Iron man review
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 09:04:40 PM »
Thanks for the link Matt. I played one a  few weeks back, and found it pretty enjoyable.

Shows something about modern pinball - the theme can dominate whether a game will be a good one or not (dominate - not definitive).

Here we have a re-birthed Austin Powers (ipdb rating 6.5) now re-themed as Iron Man (ipdb rating 7.9).
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 10:06:54 PM »
Thanks for the link Matt. I played one a  few weeks back, and found it pretty enjoyable.

Shows something about modern pinball - the theme can dominate whether a game will be a good one or not (dominate - not definitive).

Here we have a re-birthed Austin Powers (ipdb rating 6.5) now re-themed as Iron Man (ipdb rating 7.9).

Very true, although I enjoyed the Austin Powers movies, I was not a huge fan of the game, change the theme, add a few different toys, change rules and Stern have produced a decent game in the current minimalist market.

Offline markc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 10:19:50 PM »

try it with a shaker motor .... 

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 02:16:00 AM »

try it with a shaker motor .... 

Just put mine on today and its fantastic thanks again ^^^.Do it if you can or play one as i feel it play a lot better and it goes with the theme.Should have been standard on all new machines. *%*
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 11:15:03 AM »

mate I agree , we just had to order more in ....
makes Iron man

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 11:59:24 AM »

makes Iron man

Mark can you put me down for one more as would like to put one on my M/M thanks again.. ^^^

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 12:16:38 PM »

makes Iron man

Mark can you put me down for one more as would like to put one on my M/M thanks again.. ^^^

no prob  , will post it off next week to ya

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 01:18:45 PM »
One thing i dont like on iron man is that it no longer has any support side brackets so when you lift the playfield it a pain in the ass as you only have two rods for support.. ^.^

If they took them off to save some money there kidding themselves as you run a big risk of doing damage to uder the playfield when trying to work on it.Had to get the miss to help me last night doing the shacker motor and just wasn't a good feeling *.*.

Found these today http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1956&parent=272 witch will solved the problem.Would have paid the extra to have them include when it was made.