Author Topic: Yahoo I've just got Development Approval to build my shed!  (Read 1072 times)

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Yahoo I've just got Development Approval to build my shed!
« on: June 18, 2010, 02:58:48 PM »
As the title says after many many months of dealing with local council (Gold Coast City Council) I finally have a development approval to construct my shed!!

The birth of the V8Supercar - Bundyrum pinball parlour has finally arrived  ^^^

Will update this post with pics as this project develops.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Good stuff, Leon - Looking forward to the progress pictures  ^^^

What size will it be ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Thanks Nino

The size, well this has been one of the difficulties getting DA approval, I'm only on a 700m² block and have a large lowset house on the site, so I was limited to were I could build this shed. Then a few weeks ago the council advised me that I have a sewer main running along the rear boundary of my site, and there was NO way they would approve it if I built over this, and I have to be 4.5mtrs off the rear boundary in case this sewar main ever gets blocked!!

This effectively means I can only build upto 4.5mtrs off the rear boundary over entire width of my lot, and therefore I loose development of 90m² of my land!!! NOT HAPPY. ^.^

I have a 4m strip of land down one side of the house that is now my only option to build on so to answer your question my shed is going to be 3.0mtrs wide by 9.0mtrs long by 2.4 mtrs high (area 27.5m²).

This should be enough room to run a line of 7 - 8 pins on one side + 5 - 6 video games along the other 9mtr wall, with the Bundy bar situated at the end. 

Would have loved to build bigger  !!!, but never mind at least I'll have a my own area to house my coin-op collection.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Great news Leon llok forward to updates. Councils are a nightmare had a friend who wanted to build a bbq area with a woodedn deck and a roof.   After 14 months he finally got approval for the roof but the deck was not allowed  !@#  He finally got it build and i shit you not its only about 2mt square.  I just assumed it covered the whole back yard

Offline JurassicP

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Never ever had joy form councils....I for one believe thet we are over governed here in Australia, and councils need to justify there existance with these red tape issues.... ^.^

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Just thought I'd post/upload a couple of pics of the shed progress.

Progress has been slow, so far I've dug out the slab and footpath out ready for boxing and road base. That's this weekends work, boxing + roadbase, then ready for the concret work. Just getting quotes now for the pouring/finishing the concrete slab. This slab needs to be 100% level for my pins, that's why I'm getting a expert to pour & finish.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Looking forward to the progress on your new games room good luck will it, will it be finished by xmas?

Peter

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Thanks Peter,

Yep project will be completed by xmas, I've ordered a Titan shed and the wall frames & truses are all prefabed in 3m panels, makes installation quick & easy. ^^^

Offline Ric

• Forum Posts:
looks great so far and will be fantastic once finished

but you are likely going to need a bigger earth mover than the one in the photo

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland

Thanks

%.% ha ha thanks for the coments re earth mover, kids and there toys...  %.%

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

%.% %.%

GOLD !

Looking good Leon  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Some more pics following a few hours work over the weekend, boxing 90% complete, roadbase down, and have just approved a cashie quote for the concrete supply & pour/finishing work, slab will be poured on saturday morning.  ^^^

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Good on ya for getting your shed Leon..

makes me laugh with council regulations... when i did my shed at eeeeeeeeeeeeex wifes place i too had a sewer pipe at the end of the garden and  could not build within 4M of it.

But i also could not build within 1M of boundary fence on the side... i see youve managed to go right up to yours in the pic.
My shed had this bloody irritating strip of useless land down the side that i could just get a lawn mower up to cut back the bloody weeds. Complete waste of bloody land... and if you cant build near the bloody sewer why do you pay same rates as next door who have no friggin sewer and can build anything they want wherever they want?
Anyway... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeex wifes bloody problem now

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne

nice mate

you can fit a few pins in there .........

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Good on ya for getting your shed Leon..

makes me laugh with council regulations... when i did my shed at eeeeeeeeeeeeex wifes place i too had a sewer pipe at the end of the garden and  could not build within 4M of it.

But i also could not build within 1M of boundary fence on the side... i see youve managed to go right up to yours in the pic.
My shed had this bloody irritating strip of useless land down the side that i could just get a lawn mower up to cut back the bloody weeds. Complete waste of bloody land... and if you cant build near the bloody sewer why do you pay same rates as next door who have no friggin sewer and can build anything they want wherever they want?
Anyway... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeex wifes bloody problem now

Thanks Gav, I've been wanting a shed for some time now, I'm glad to see the project underway.

I did manage to get approval for the shed to go along the fenceline with NO relaxation due to the shed being under 30m2.