Author Topic: New Playfield Warp  (Read 360 times)

Offline thefasteddy69

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Southern Highlands
New Playfield Warp
« on: June 18, 2010, 07:46:54 PM »
Hi Guys, I got an new EightBall playfield from CPR a couple of months ago. Looks a millon bucks but I had a look at it today and it appears that its getting  mild warp in the middle.

I'm planning on keeping it ready for when I get hold of an Eight Ball. Planning on doing the whole shabang. So I dont want to let it go out of wack.

The room where the pins are in is dry, carpeted and has no direct sunlight so can't see that as been a problem. I stand it up flat against the wall. So could it be that a fault of the wood?

I also have an Xenon for down the track as well, but it looks OK, so far. Does anyone have an ideas as whats the cause and what I can do about it?

Thanks. ^&^

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: New Playfield Warp
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 08:23:21 PM »
Pesonally id try laying it flat some place like the top of a wardrobe would be a shame if it warps anymore others may have a better idea

Offline wonder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 09:18:10 PM »
Had the same problem,and found that laving them flat was a lot better.As you get more you just keep stacking them higher,but it must be off the ground.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 09:48:40 PM by wonder »
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline thefasteddy69

• Forum Posts:
  • Southern Highlands
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 08:32:50 AM »
OK thanks guys. Its worth a try to store flat could be an easy fix. Might put some old records on top as well.

Thanks again.

Offline thefasteddy69

• Forum Posts:
  • Southern Highlands
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 11:07:26 AM »
Just an update on this post. I emailed CPR last night and recieved a reply already. I love Good service! Kevin advises that:

"Storing them standing on end (leaning them against a wall) tends to make them "collapse" toward the wall.  I assume it was face-out from the wall?  The corollary would be leaning it against the wall with the artwork toward the wall... it would bow (eventually) in the opposite direction (the center lifted, with the ends down).

No matter, as the bow is always slight.  Once installed, the rails bring it back to level.  That is the function of the rails screwed on all around the outside.  So it will be moot when swapping.  You'll be fine.

For future storage, always let the playfield rest flat on its back."

Probably makes sense. I have laid it flat in the meantime with some records on top ( good use for my wifes Melissa Etheridge albums!).

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 11:25:20 AM »
A much better use for those Melissa Etheridge albums could be as material for a winter fire  #@#

Nice to hear of good service.
You found an actual 8Ball game yet?
DW Drums rule !

Offline greatwichjohn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 01:08:43 PM »
If you have a playfield with a small j on the side. It was one of the 29 playfields that I glued myself.
World leader in small production of pinball products using modern commercial uv inkjet technology.

Offline thefasteddy69

• Forum Posts:
  • Southern Highlands
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 02:00:11 PM »

Hey Wotto, Yeah I agree re the records theyre not my cup of tea. Funny how she can't find them anymore.  %$%

No 8 ball yet but keeping an lazy eye out for now. One will turn up at the right time I'm sure. Bit of a departure from the Space theme for me when it turns up eventually.

Hi John I'll also look at the playfield tonight and see if it has the J. Nice playfields. The artwork is amazing.