Author Topic: JOKER POKER VALUE  (Read 610 times)

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
JOKER POKER VALUE
« on: June 20, 2010, 07:57:46 PM »
Joker Poker on Ebay NOT WORKING and final sale price $2,447  anyone here buy this??

Good luck to seller they have done well IMO, I would have thought $1000 to 1500 not working?

Whats your opinion on the value of a Joker Poker?  If this is the value then Mark should look at bring some in from OS.  Would be heaps in Europe and US and resonably priced.
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: JOKER POKER VALUE
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 08:10:30 PM »
Crazy price..

I had this valued around $900.. maybe to $1200.

My guess is the buyer is wondering WTF he has done!

Offline bossninja17

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 08:28:51 PM »
Crazy!! Who knows what was needed to get it going. Anything above $1400 is, as I said, crazy IMO.
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 08:49:18 PM »

I'd expect two VERY GOOD project Joker Pokers at that price. That is just rediculous. Great machine, but this one worth $1500 TOPS.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 08:52:47 PM »
nutz, but they are in huge demand, and some guys have huge wallets

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 09:50:10 PM »
IMO $2K minimum for a neat, cosmetically decent working game. People get $1.5K for a number of other system 1 games and JP is 25% better than all except maybe Countdown, and it shows in the demand. Have a look at what Ebay beings for JP's - of the last four I noticed, two made it to auction end (inc this one) and two disappeared soon after listing. The other one was in NSW a few months back for approx $1.5K and not working either. At Melbourne prices $1.6K should have topped it, add a Pascal board and have a very good $2K game.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 08:53:03 AM »
I was very very keen to score this machine, I sold my Strikes & Spares reasonably cheap to free up some cash but it wasn't to be - should have held onto the S&S.  I was thought I was going over the top being prepared to pay up to $1800 for it (I have a spare Ni Wumpf board sitting in a box that could have gone straight in it).

$2447 is big bucks isn't it!!!!!!!  Think of what you could get in the way of a nice DMD for that money at the moment.

Addicted to pins.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 08:58:34 AM »
I was very very keen to score this machine, I sold my Strikes & Spares reasonably cheap to free up some cash but it wasn't to be - should have held onto the S&S.  I was thought I was going over the top being prepared to pay up to $1800 for it (I have a spare Ni Wumpf board sitting in a box that could have gone straight in it).

$2447 is big bucks isn't it!!!!!!!  Think of what you could get in the way of a nice DMD for that money at the moment.

We have to remember that this was an unsighted NON working machine in need of some restoration.
$2447 for a GOOD working machine - fair enough.

But a project?  !@# !@#

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 09:51:12 AM »
I was hearing very recently that prices were on the way down.
I think not after seeing this.
DW Drums rule !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 10:24:23 AM »
I was hearing very recently that prices were on the way down.
I think not after seeing this.

Generally speaking - this statement is correct.

There are certain "cookie cutter" SS machines fetching high prices - and this is one of them. Overpriced for a project, but a reconditioned or restored Joker Poker can push $3000.

There are some SS machines that are attracting ridiculous pricing - and collectors are paying for them. There are no signs of "slowing down".

DMDs are dropping (slightly), but SS are creeping up. This has been the trend over the last 18 months.

Joker Poker, KISS, Playboy, Fathom, Haunted House etc are becoming more and more desirable.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 10:24:57 AM »
CRAZY  ^&^

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 10:40:15 AM »
The honest truth to Joker Pokers inflated price is fond memories for us old farts.

JP was a good player, and their were a stack of them onsite. People are buying these to re-kindle memories, just as much/more so that the machines' "playability value".

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 03:43:15 PM »
This one was even missing the lockdown bar....I was bidding but allwoing to buy lockdown bar $80 to $90 + Pascal 4 in 1, $300+
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline yourdreamin

• Forum Posts:
  • barrack point
  • how much are your askin
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 08:06:39 PM »
fantastic for sellers as we want the prices to go up ie collectable rare not making them any more ? but on the other hand as a collector i want everything cheap which way do we go ! &^&

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2010, 10:12:47 PM »
fantastic for sellers as we want the prices to go up ie collectable rare not making them any more ? but on the other hand as a collector i want everything cheap which way do we go ! &^&

eBay regularly gives a somewhat false impression as to the true value of a machine.  I know it can be argued that the market decided what the machine was worth but now a precedent has been set and everyone with a JP will think their machine is worth that sort of coin.  I would like to think that a non working system 1 machine that isn't even complete is not worth $2447. 

All we can ever ask and hope for is a fair deal, for buyer and seller, which is where eBay lets us down.  As soon as anyone thinking about selling a machine mentions eBay now I simply walk away.
Addicted to pins.