Author Topic: WHAT A NICE SURPRISE !  (Read 308 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
WHAT A NICE SURPRISE !
« on: June 21, 2010, 05:49:25 AM »
I took my wife, 9 year old daughter and 8 month old son to see Shrek 4 in 3D on the Gold Coast. A Fun movie with a nice message.
(love the life you have, dont take things for granted etc was the nice message of the movie). I looked at my beautiful family on the way out and thought how lucky I was.

Just when I thought it couldnt get any better, I spotted a Star Wars Episode 1 Pinball Machine sitting there, with the other sitdown driving games etc.
THE PINBALL 2000 STAR WARS PINBALL WAS IMMACULATE ! MINT. It had a small metal plague on the right headbox side at the rear with Taito etc.
It seems it was a japaneese re-import cause i have the exact metal plaque on my Jap Fishtales.

The machine was turned off but. The playfield, cabinet, red trimming etc were immaculate. I thought I have to have a game. Ohhhh yehh.

So i snuck around behind the machine and turned the power point back on (it was almost closing time). BUT THE MACHINE DIDNT WORK.
ONLY the top fluro light lit up. So i reached under for the power switch, but it was removed/broken. So there was something wrong with the machine I felt.
* There was a 35 yr old guy n his wife watching me. I said, "ohh this is a collectors item, its a pinball machine, its in beautiful condition and a real gem, I would like this in my collection, I collect them". He sort of ginned and walked off.
I heard him say to his wife "A pinball machine, whats the big deal ".

I JUST LOOKED AT MY WIFE AND SMILED.
* WE ALL KNOW WHAT THE BIG DEAL IS.  *%* *%*
ITS A BLOODY PINBALL MACHINE. A WORK OF ART. A FUN COLLECTABLE. SOMETHING MADE OF WOOD, PLASTIC AND A FEW SILVER BALLS, THAT CAN GIVE U YEARS OF FUN, AND SOMETHING OF BEAUTY TO LOOK AT ON A REGULAR BASIS. AN ART FORM, A GREAT HOBBY, EVEN A WAY OF LIFE !YEP, THATS A PINBALL MACHINE. It finished off my night just seeing such a nice example still in great undamaged condition.

AND IN MY BOOKS, THE TERM "PINBALL MACHINE" IS MORE THAN JUST 2 X WORDS, ITS JUST BLOODY BEAUTIFUL AND MAKES US COLLECTORS HAPPY ON THE INSIDE.  I THOUGHT HOW MY LIFE WOULD BE WITHOUT ANY PINBALL MACHINES ?  BLOODY EMPTY.
SO LONG LIVE PINBALL (AND SHREK. LOL)^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 05:56:01 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
Re: WHAT A NICE SURPRISE !
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 09:28:46 AM »
Brett some people may think those ravings were absolute loony toons  :D

But from reading your posts I know you are totally nutz for pinball, but in a good way  ()
Hope to meet you and your collection later this year.
 ()

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 07:08:46 AM »
 $.$ i hope you contacted the op and offered him a broken!!   price$$ ^^^
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 03:09:09 PM »
It was 4am in the morning, not much sleep. lol.    yeh a bit nuts.

Most people now I am crazy and harmless.  @.@

I couldnt get the operators details, all the kids behind the counter were 15 and had no idea.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 04:04:28 PM »
It was 4am in the morning, not much sleep. lol.    yeh a bit nuts.

Most people now I am crazy and harmless.  @.@

I couldnt get the operators details, all the kids behind the counter were 15 and had no idea.

Ive met Brett and can personally say he is crazy for pinball but as for the harmless part  !@#  I wouldnt mess with you or id probably be fed to the snakes LOL

Great read by the way  ^^^   (Go back and make em an offer i know you want to &&)

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 09:29:13 PM »
 $.$  2 grand tops
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you