Author Topic: Sunday Pinball Questionaire - part 5 - Ballywannabe  (Read 4786 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Sunday Pinball Questionaire - part 5 - Ballywannabe
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 01:56:25 AM »

Awesome read, Ian. Early Sterns are severely underrated..

How about we "synchronize" our Flight 2000 Restos ???

Sounds good to me ^^^  I like that the early Sterns are under-rated cause it means I can pick them up for less $$.  I think one of the raesons that they get a bad rep is that they were not as robust as the other brands, and parts not as readily available, hence they tend to play like crap as they are not maintained.  I soon fix that however!cheers
Ian

Mate - is good to hear about an early Stern fan - its funny how we all have our prefered manufacturers. you are right about them being underrated and therefore cheaper - same can be said for Wms 50's pins - GTB are way preferred and demand a higher $$, but because of that Wms machines can be picked up cheaper. This is changing though as now the Wms machines are rarer cos no one wanted them - i have 2 and only 1 of them id be prepared to let go of - simply because of the price ive been offered for it, i could pretty much buy ANY 50's GTB bar MERMAID..we are talking rare, rare, rare!

Could even consider buying a GTB KNOCKOUT and have change - look it up, has to be #2 on the list of top 50's pins

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 07:50:27 AM »
Have to agree there were so many Stern pins (and seeing they only released around 6 different titles a year) from this vintage that just rocked - Seawitch, Trident, Star Gazer, Magic, Big Game, Nugent, Catacomb, Cosmic Princess, Dracula, Meteor, Ali, Quicksilver and Nine Ball

Even games like Stingray, Wild Fyre, Stars, Hot Hand....and I'm sure I have missed some!

Would loved to have played Iron Maiden and Viper also

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 11:20:49 AM »
Great stuff  ^^^

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 01:24:10 PM »

I remember the old days with the Sterns next to the Ballys.. The electronic sounds of the Ballys were far better. As a "player" I loved the electronic sounds of the Ballys.

Harry Williams designed "Galaxy", and along with Meteor, these are my two favorite Sterns. I was lucky enough to buy a project Flight 2000 and I would love a Viper, Iron Maiden or Freefall...
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pinball Fixers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Montrose, VIC
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2009, 12:47:16 PM »
Great read Ian!