Author Topic: WHO CAN MAKE ME A RAMP ?  (Read 535 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
WHO CAN MAKE ME A RAMP ?
« on: June 22, 2010, 08:03:03 PM »
I have decided to get someone to make me a ramp for my Bugs Bunny Birthday Bash since no-one on the planet has stock for the front left side only ramp. (Mark C if u r reading this KEEP LOOKING for those ramps i desperately need).

I read somewhere on this forum that someone had made/reproduced a ramp for their different pinball from stainless steel or something similar.

I am willing to pay $ if someone can make a ramp resonably close to what i need.

I HAVE ONE  REASONABLE BUGS RAMP YOU CAN USE AS A TEMPLATE.

ANYONE WHO WANTS A CHALLENGE, WANTS TO SHOWCASE YA TALENTS N BRING BACK 2 X BUGS BUNNY PINBALL MACHINES BACK TO LIFE.  !@#

ANY help would be nice.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
Re: WHO CAN MAKE ME A RAMP ?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 08:20:33 PM »
could also try a sheet metal fabricator, like you say you have a template

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 08:37:29 PM »
yeh, a sheet metal dude would be ok, but i wanted it made by a pinball person/metal worker cause it will be made with passion, and it will be right !

(that was the thinking anyway). Some random up here will think it is too small a job, maybe ?  !@#

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline DataEast Fan

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbournes Yarra Valley
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 09:25:08 PM »
Hey Brett

Post a picture of the ramp, maybe a mould of it could be made and then make a repro from fibreglass, smooth it over and just paint it to blend into the game?  I've seen this done many times with spoilers for car body kits so dont see why it wouldnt work for a ball ramp.

Cheers Mark.
Cheers Mark.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 09:56:02 PM »
Ok..... ill put my hand up. I take it its a steel ramp and not a clear plastic one.

If you bring it in to me ill show it to my steel fabricator and see what we can do

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 09:59:40 PM »
A fibre glass replacement as suggested would be fairly easy or maybe even a vacume formed one if its not to intricate???

Offline DataEast Fan

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbournes Yarra Valley
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 10:14:07 PM »
Another thought, can you adapt a ramp from a different machine to suit?
Cheers Mark.

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 10:30:47 PM »

still chasing one down ..

and will have our first ramp out shortly

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 09:42:09 PM »
I made this for Nick's HH:

Here is a link to the thread, it has a few more pics:

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=2451.msg37527#msg37527

Post a few pics and I'll be able to let you know if I can make it or not.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 09:12:32 PM »
ok, any help would be much appreciated to bring these 2 x bugs bunny pinballs back to life. Without the ramps working/viable, both machines will collect dust forever. (Mark, keep looking pls) But i have to get them going.

I reckon we keep the good parts of both ramps, then just add/make the corner parts etc and then join the two bits.
photo links below. Love to know ya thoughts.

That metal ramp u made before looks great.

http://s911.photobucket.com/albums/ac315/caveoftreasures/bugs%20bunny%20shit%20ramps/?action=view&current=bugsramp4.jpg

http://s911.photobucket.com/albums/ac315/caveoftreasures/bugs%20bunny%20shit%20ramps/?action=view&current=bugsramp1.jpg

http://s911.photobucket.com/albums/ac315/caveoftreasures/bugs%20bunny%20shit%20ramps/?action=view&current=bugsramp2.jpg

http://s911.photobucket.com/albums/ac315/caveoftreasures/bugs%20bunny%20shit%20ramps/?action=view&current=bugsramp3.jpg

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 10:15:48 PM »
Id just make up some stainless steel patches until you can chase up replacementswouls be fairly easy from the looks of it

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 11:20:34 PM »

Brett ,

will call you next week .....   

we have something in the pipeline

mark

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 11:39:41 PM »

Brett ,

will call you next week .....  

we have something in the pipeline

mark

your a good man as usual.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 11:42:38 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 07:27:55 PM »
If it is the ramp the same as this, (and I think it is) then one of your ramps looks complete other than a little edge cracking at the ball drop zone, if you look through the tweety slide plastic you can see the radius where the ball drops down is the same as the one in your first few pics.  Is this correct Brett, or am I missing something?

The other one could have a stainless piece made up to suit, but it would not be pretty. Obviously would make the game playable though.

I could definately do the job, but you need to weigh up the cost of posting down and back to you compared to getting someone local to do the job.

The best way to go about it IMO, is to only make up the side wall lip, as you dont really want a big plate of stainless steel obstructing you vision of the outlanes. Just remove a little of the damaged plastic lip to clean up and stop the ball getting caught on the cracked piece missing from the ball drop area.  this would make the radius of the rolled stainless section a little tighter, but would clean up the area and not effect game play.
The way the plastic ramp is constructed the stainless would not need to be attached to the plastic part as the remaining plastic can support itself on the left and centre screws and the stainless piece to be fitted could pick up the left and right screws for mounting.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2010, 12:28:46 PM »
it is the same ramp. one of the ramps is 90 percent there, and the other is rooted.

but what you cant see on the good ramp, is that the side of the big round corner that is to the left of the machine when the ball rolls around, has been reinforced by some tape or plastic or something.a reasonable job i guess.

really, when you look at how thin the plastic is on both, both ramps (or at least the whole round corner parts need replacing).

I just hope mark finds some in his deliveries/boxes/containers from overseas. I gotta be honest, I am completely depressed about the 2 machines at the moment. lol

will see how mark goes this next fortnight, otherwise KTM450 i will send them down with some $ and see what magic u can perform. regards, Brett