Author Topic: PHOF Trip - it was declared today !  (Read 416 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
PHOF Trip - it was declared today !
« on: June 27, 2010, 08:10:27 PM »
Ok firstly - I am TERRIFIED of flying  !@) .....so it has been 20+ years since I travelled to The USA with the cook on our honeymoon and then again a year after that.
I swore I would NEVER fly again. #@#

Anyway - after a LOT of thought and a sale on some land I had went through last week it was decided today that our family is going to the States next year  @@*
Now WE ( at AP ) all know that this trip is simply a way of me getting to visit the PHOF in Vegas  *)* *)*
But we will also squeeze in some family time too I guess.

No details yet apart from the fact we will 'copy' the trip we took in 1992, including the Mule ride into the Grand Canyon again ( sore bum ahead ) - just shouting this out as I am pretty excited right now  #*#
Oh and the daughter wants to to try and get into the Ellen audience, I am gunna DANCE boys - wait and see THAT - might do the Worm !
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 08:15:27 PM by Wotto »
DW Drums rule !

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: PHOF Trip - it was declared today !
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 08:27:24 PM »
Lucky man Wotto would love to do the america trip only place outside Oz ive every really wanted to visit well USA and Mexico.  But after todays verdict i dont think you will be going any where  Guilty  %.%

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 08:31:53 PM »
After todays verdict i dont think you will be going any where  Guilty  %.%

%.% %.% :lol :lol %.% %.%
DW Drums rule !

Offline v200juke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 08:43:04 PM »
I was lucky enough to go to the U.S one month ago and went to the pinball museum.10 minute bus ride from the `strip`. Well worth a look. Lots of cool woodrails. If ya need directions drop me a line, Mark.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 09:04:57 PM »

sounds like a great trip. Love to see the PHOF, Expo and Allentown. I'd go NUTS in the fea market !

Post pics as you go along !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 10:04:51 PM »
Great stuff buddy, I'm like you and don't like flying, but having  fun destination like PHOF makes it easier!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 10:11:19 PM »
Wow you lucky bugger wotto!! every collector here has to make a trip to the PHOF, I'll have to wait a few years until my children are older before I can plan a family holiday to america. Great news  ^^^

I've read somewhere on the net recently that the PHOF has moved into a new buildng??
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 03:08:14 PM »
Been to the USA quite a few times and loved it.

YOU HAVE to go to Magic Mountain in LA if u can. The rides are the best in the world. Take a change of underwear.
Magic Mountain is 15 mins from LAX internatioinal Airport. I hired a 5.4 litre Mustang with a mate n had a ball.
Even got to go for a ride in a Police Persuit 460 big block Ford one night with a few of the local police. These 2 x cops were having their dinner at a truckstop and i kept telling the cop our police cars were much much faster in Australia.

They said they would give me and my mate a lift back to our hotel 5 mins away and show just who had the fastest police cars in the world. The 460 big block did 90 mile an hour in first gear, and had 2nd and 3rd to go.FARK !
I told him he was the winner. The cop exclaimed "ofcourse, no one beats the California highway patrol". Nice guys/nice cops,huge guns and great memories ! Even Disneyland is a blast. But sore legs after 10 miles of attractions to walk around to !
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 09:45:09 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline johnwartjr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 05:09:11 PM »
If I were you, I'd plan my visit so you could take in at least a day or two of Pinball Expo in Chicago as well :)

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 10:33:25 PM »
If I were you, I'd plan my visit so you could take in at least a day or two of Pinball Expo in Chicago as well :)

JWJ - I would love to - but not this trip.
If I handle this Ok I am thinking about going back another time for a bit more 'pinball related' action - so maybe then.
Might crash your place - that's the Aussie way  *)* *)* :lol

And Cavey I have been to Six Flags twice ,years ago- it was a great park then and I know it has improved a LOT, we were the first to ride The Ninja when it was one of the first 'underhanging' RC's , but it was very 'ordinary'
I am definitely planning to take the kids there, but VERY unfortunatley I am no longer able to ride Rollercoasters and it P*SSES me OFF large  ^&(
Man O Man what I would give to ride X or X2 !
DW Drums rule !