Author Topic: My second pin has arrived - Pro football  (Read 17670 times)

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
Re: My second pin has arrived - Pro footballer
« Reply #105 on: March 11, 2009, 02:56:50 PM »
Hi All,

Sorry to hassle again (im so full of questions but no answers) but i finally got the courage up last night to do some soldering (for the first time ever)to replace my score reel with the one Daniel sent me. However i noticed thats the new score reel has an extra switch at the bottom and extra wire on the bottom solder point of the coil... should i just try and match what i have or am i missing wires?

i can post pics if that helps (when i get home)

Cheers Guys!

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2009, 04:30:30 PM »
Post some pics so i can be sure but id follow what you have on yours if there is an extra switch on your new one but not the old id say that game doesnt need it

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2009, 09:30:10 PM »
Hi Again,

It seems like im gonna be a really old guy by the time this is up and running properly but its a weird feeling of fun and frustration all rolled into 1. The latest is that i worked up the courage to solder the new score reel Daniel provided  #*# but there are still 2 immediate problems since i've done that ...

When i bought the pin, the score reel that was in there was burnt up as per previous thread and it looks like i've run into this original problem.. Symptoms are

1. The new score reel doesnt reset with the others
2. When i continue to play anyway, as soon as i hit the bumpers, the score reel recognises the hit (great stuff) but as soon as it goes through the spinner, it makes a really loud humming noise (coil stuck maybe  !@#) and i leap over to the power cord to prevent more flamage.

Ive already PM'd Daniel (who has gone above and beyond the call of duty  @@*) but also wanted to see if there were any other ideas on what to check for.

Thanks again!!

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #108 on: April 01, 2009, 09:42:36 PM »
Hi Again,

It seems like im gonna be a really old guy by the time this is up and running properly but its a weird feeling of fun and frustration all rolled into 1. The latest is that i worked up the courage to solder the new score reel Daniel provided  #*# but there are still 2 immediate problems since i've done that ...

When i bought the pin, the score reel that was in there was burnt up as per previous thread and it looks like i've run into this original problem.. Symptoms are

1. The new score reel doesnt reset with the others
2. When i continue to play anyway, as soon as i hit the bumpers, the score reel recognises the hit (great stuff) but as soon as it goes through the spinner, it makes a really loud humming noise (coil stuck maybe  !@#) and i leap over to the power cord to prevent more flamage.

Ive already PM'd Daniel (who has gone above and beyond the call of duty  @@*) but also wanted to see if there were any other ideas on what to check for.

Thanks again!!

Rob,

What does the bumper and spinner score? Are they different? If the spinner is causing the problem and scores a different amount to the pop bumper it could be a few issues

If the spinner is scoring 10 points and the 10 point score reel adjustments in the contacts is incorrect. Sound like there is closed contact in the 1-9 position on the reel. When you hit the spinner - does that contact stay closed?

The bottom line is there is a closed contact there that you need to find.

Good luck cause it can be as frustrating as all hell

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #109 on: April 01, 2009, 10:05:41 PM »
ok, spinner is definately 100 points and the bumpers are 1000 when lit so im assuming they are 100 when not lit? Will check the spinner contact and see if thats kosher. Any ideas on the not resetting to zero problem?

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #110 on: April 01, 2009, 10:09:15 PM »
Hey Rob
            Id say the not resetting would be the switch that tells the game the score is not on zero. If it thinks its on zero it doesnt move the reel so move the reel by hand and look for a switch that only moves (or should move) when the reel gets to 0

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #111 on: April 01, 2009, 10:18:58 PM »
These two pics show the reset switch which should be closed when the reel is not on 0

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #112 on: April 01, 2009, 10:22:52 PM »
These two pics show the switch which should be open when a score is registered if these arnt adjusted properly when score is made the score relay holds on until the switch is activated (which also holds the score coil on)  Hope this makes sense

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #113 on: April 01, 2009, 10:28:41 PM »
totally makes sense! Thanks for the help guys, have more things to check out now!! Im sure i'll get there in the end. I actually joked about selling the pin in my frustration and the wife said no!!! I think i have converted her to the dark side. Yeehhhaaaa

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #114 on: April 01, 2009, 10:35:39 PM »
Well if you have your missus on side then your set thats the hard part for me fixing pins is easy in comparison lol

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Forum Posts:
  • Yass
Re: My second pin has arrived - Pro football
« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2009, 12:45:25 PM »
Ok with Daniels help, i am now sure that the score reel is not the problem. Im going to concentrate my efforts into the M relay responsible for 100 points. I havent done anything to them but the switches look a mess. You'll notice on the second pic, the furthest right switch doesnt even reach the plastic and as a result is always open. Can some one who has pro football take pictures of both switch stacks on their M relay. Just need to see what they are supposed to look like.

Thanks!!

Other side

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2009, 12:49:49 PM »

Thats a bloody mess !

Is the M relay in the head ?

I will check for you tonight - I also will double check with the schematic.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2009, 12:52:26 PM »
Yeah M is in the headbox. And yeah its an absolute shocker and i havent even started adjusting yet  :lol

Thanks Nino!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #118 on: April 28, 2009, 09:48:50 PM »