Author Topic: My second pin has arrived - Pro football  (Read 17321 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: My second pin has arrived - Pro football
« Reply #255 on: May 31, 2009, 11:41:58 PM »
Tomorrow after work ill pull out an old stepper unit and Start a thread on how to clean and lube them.  Will give me something to do while the sheds out of action $#$

Offline 63wizz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
    • My Pinball Collection
« Reply #256 on: June 01, 2009, 09:28:35 AM »
Good one Rob ^^^. Now i can get on with the rest of my life :lol. I will miss tuning in to this thread :lol.

Ian

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #257 on: June 01, 2009, 10:17:06 AM »
 :lol guys thanks for the support... and for those who have followed the thread, there is def more to come  :lol. flipper rebuilds and stepper units are the last ports of call fpor a fully functioning Pro Football  $#$

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #258 on: June 01, 2009, 12:50:32 PM »
and here is the more i promised  :lol. I took a photo of the ball count stepper to show how the first pin doesn,t rest on the first metal contact. Im sure this is the problem with the score reel spinning around because when i make it contact by hand, the score reel stops. I guess im just waiting for Daniel to start his stepper repair/restore thread  #*#

Offline SPURR

• Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #259 on: June 01, 2009, 12:55:48 PM »
Rob AP just wouldnt be the same without the never-ending pro football thread.
 #*# Top marks for patience mate!
ROB ARE YOU JUST TRYING TO BREAK A AP RECORD !

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #260 on: June 01, 2009, 03:46:15 PM »
Hey Rob im just about to start the stepper thread now.  Ive found the closest looking one one i have to yours

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #261 on: June 01, 2009, 08:58:24 PM »
ok having a big play with the ball count stepper after reading Daniels excellent stepper thread  ^^^ and ive got it to a better stage.... Before, the score reel would just keep spinning at start up. Now it doesnt keep spinning and im able to start a game normally... good stuff!! the only problem with it is that it doesnt reset to zero like the other reels... it resets to a random number... sometimes 2 sometimes 5 sometimes zero .... not sure about this but i think it means more stepper adjusting?

The tortoise wins in the end i think  :lol

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #262 on: June 01, 2009, 10:13:32 PM »
Well if its stopping on random numbers it means there is a switch thst only just touching so when the reel thumps to the next number it breaks or closes the contacts making the machine think its at 0 so its one of those 5 switches

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #263 on: June 01, 2009, 10:18:00 PM »
So i assume you mean one of the score reel switches?

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #264 on: June 01, 2009, 10:19:31 PM »
Yes sorry Rob ill try work out the exact switch tomorrow after work if you havnt worked it out by then

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #265 on: June 08, 2009, 12:51:19 PM »
Ok Pro Football fans, the thread that just cant die keeps living ... ummm ok... ive spent so much time with my head under the hood that the em smell is permanently lodged in my nose (which isnt such a bad thing)

The latest!!!!

Ok the score reel has been adjusted and works a treat (resets and scores as it should)!!! i've also got the ball count stepper humming along and adjusted as it should be... NICE!!! However  :lol

1. Ive lost the left flippers
2. The score motor keeps running after i hit the start button. The reason the motor keeps running is that the AB relay (reset completed relay) doesnt do its job. I have to manually tap the arm as per the photo below and i can start and play a game (albeit without the left flippers) when the game ends and i hit the start button again, the motor keeps running.

Ive checked the coils on the AB, the A and the game counter (Relay A and the games counter seems to be hooked up to the AB) and all coils are strong and seem to be doing their job (even the ab coils).

I hope this makes you feel better about Fast Draw Peach  %$%

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #266 on: June 08, 2009, 02:09:29 PM »
Rob if you get past the limit of your patience there is a top-notch EM repair guy here in newy.
But I reckon since you have come this many pages your gunna beat it, or go nuts trying.

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #267 on: June 08, 2009, 02:13:06 PM »
Yeah i have thought about giving it to someone else and after all i even have Mick B's number and he is a gun EM repairer but i guess its just been really good to learn about em's along the way by trying to repair it myself. But yeah my patience does have limits  :lol

Offline SPURR

• Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #268 on: June 08, 2009, 07:42:44 PM »
Yeah i have thought about giving it to someone else and after all i even have Mick B's number and he is a gun EM repairer but i guess its just been really good to learn about em's along the way by trying to repair it myself. But yeah my patience does have limits  :lol
ROB THIS THE WAY I LEARNED.

Offline dj10555

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #269 on: June 08, 2009, 08:57:47 PM »
Hi Rob,
I have a couple of suggestions. If you are losing the left flippers, there are only about 3 main thing which could cause this.

I suspect the flipper problem may be related to the dodgy Q relay. For viewers which have just tuned in, I had a look at this for Rob a few months ago, and found this relay has some residual magentism and would occasionally stick on even when the power was removed. We were eventually able to adjust it and get the game working but it was very difficult to adjust the switches (much more than it should be) to work around the relay sticking. I would definitely suggest trying to replace this if other collectors have a spare.

Looking at the schematics, the ball count unit could also be a problem. The schematic shows there are actually 7 positions on the stepper. The is a "Ball 0" switch on the stepper(somewhere on the unit), the 1-5 ball positions and a position 6 (game over). Does the ball in play lights work correctly after adjusting the stepper? It might be worth re-checking the stepper adjustment and switch on this unit.

The flipper contacts were almost non existant on the flipper switches so might also be worth checking/replacing these. There wasn't much left to file.

Hang in there Rob, you are close to fixing the problems which have been on your game for a long time! Once all the problems are ironed out it should be reliable for a long time.