Author Topic: Anyone selling pinballs on Ebay beware of a buyer "sikicibiri"  (Read 578 times)

Offline infinite1977

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
  • Roger 504 apprehend him
Hey guys, just thought I would post a little note on my experience. I was selling my World Cup on Ebay and "sikicibiri" was the winning bidder. Came over with 3 guys to pick up the machine which was a little intimidating in itself as they seemed a little rough around the edges. They played the machine and I admittedly gave them an overdose of information as I realized they really did not much about pins even though this was apparently his "3rd" pinball, so I thought I pass on any knowledge I have acquired as people have and are helping me constantly.

Once the machine was purchased and taken home, I received over 4 phone calls with in a 5 hour period and then pestering for a refund as he claimed the machine did not work. He claimed he did not play a game and the right flipper came loose and was ready to create a scene , when I realized it would be best for all concerned for me to take back the machine as I envisioned future problems. When I got the machine home, indeed I tightened the flipper as it did come loose, but noticed the machine only had 1 credit in it and when I sold it I had put 21 credits on it which showed he did play it. He basically has no idea about pins and no desire to learn which made his choice of purchasing a 1978 world Cup machine an odd one as you would expect things to eventually go wrong on a machine of this caliber and vintage, so in turn have re-listed the machine. So any sellers out there be warned he will be nothing but a hassle.

P.S if anyone wants the machine let me know :)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Time wasters.    Gotta love em.   I hope you didnt deliver or have to pick up the machine?

Offline infinite1977

• Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
Believe me it was best to pick up the machine for all concerned, but not I did not deliver it, just a pain having to re-list it.

Online pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
All the best with the re-sale, hopefully a better buyer will emerge, and please post a link to the auction in case any members are interested.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline infinite1977

• Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
anyone can cut and paste that username to their blocked bidder list here: http://cgi1.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?bidderblocklogin

Offline infinite1977

• Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
Nice one, thanks for that. Had no idea I could do that.

Offline FirePower

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
I thought in ebay you could offer it to the under bidder in some way?  Did you try this?

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
I thought in ebay you could offer it to the under bidder in some way?  Did you try this?

Yeah, you can offer a second chance offer to the second highest bidder for what they put in as thier highest bid.
Sucks you have to tho

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
sorry to hear u had a hassle. it is unfortunate that the bloke carried on like a idiot. definately not the aussie thing to do.

i believe in karma. that bloke will end up buying a pinball from someone who wont be as kind as you were, and he will end up on his arse.

alot of members have benefited from your warnings. good move.  ^^^

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline necroscope

• Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
Had a look at your ebay ad but cant really see much of the playfield from the photos !@#

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

I'll bet they were "vidiots"  #@#

I don't sell pins on eBay, but over the last 3 months, I've been selling Video cabinets - some reconditioned and some empty cabinets. Initially, I had great dealings but recently, I've had nothing but troublemakers and idiots. Like Greg mentions - place them in your banned eBayer list.

If possible - Cancel the transaction, then relist. EBAy ALWAYS side on the buyer. Their rules are written to protect them. I learnt the hard way - don't bother with "disputes", just ban and relist - and mention that you had issues with the buyer not meeting his end of the bargain. I've been helpful with buyers, only to see them pull out of sales for the dumbest of reasons.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline infinite1977

• Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
Thanks for the tip Nino. I did offer it as a second chance but no response. I am sure it will sell again as there are heaps of people watching it again.
Necroscope, I can try taking some more pics for you if you like. As for Karma, crave thats exactly what I said. To be honest the only reason I returned it was due to my wife being 8 months pregnant and this guy was liable to rock up and cause a scene, so I thought it was just not worth the hassle.

If anyone here wants the machine I am open to offers :)

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
Thanks for the heads up, this user has emailed me several times with low ball offers. Definately wont sell to him even if the price is right.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Sounds like a good idea to ban him as a buyer.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia