Author Topic: Firepower Playfield up rebuild  (Read 5242 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: Firepower Playfield up rebuild
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2010, 05:53:20 PM »
Well ive roughly installed one bank of drop targets and wired them up using alligator clips which is why the last target gets stuck before anyone asks im unable to get them to pop up again until i can get hold of the coil plunger and the plate that lifts them  (Hint Hint so who has had a look??  Im happy to pay i dont expect freebies lol)

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2010, 05:38:51 PM »
A massive thanks again to Skybeux (Ken)  after a search me managed to find the parts i need so the least i could do was install them so his hard work was worth the effort here is a video of the drop targets in action

Offline Skybeaux

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Central Coast / Newcastle
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2010, 08:50:45 PM »
Glad the parts were the right one's
Excellent job! , it looks great with drop targets in there in place of standups. ^^^
The machine's really starting to come together now , but your biggest hurdle will be finding a decent backglass...best of luck with the search!

Offline el_timbo86

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
    • Hot Rodded Pins
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2010, 09:17:35 PM »
Drop targets are perfect on this game, nice work Daniel  ^^^

I should've called around today instead  :lol

Cant wait for a game when its finished,

Timbo

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2010, 09:48:49 PM »
Thanks again Ken all your help has been great

As for a game when it's finished tim your probably better having a game once it's goin I never seem to get any of mine finished lol

Offline FirePower

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2010, 08:32:38 AM »
Looks good and the rules for the lit arrows and drops make a lot more sense between carry over balls when the drops are used.

Have you installed the standup switch behind the drops?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 08:34:28 AM by FirePower »

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2010, 10:58:52 AM »
Looks good and the rules for the lit arrows and drops make a lot more sense between carry over balls when the drops are used.

Have you installed the standup switch behind the drops?

No I'm going to make the cutout for the 10point switch once instrip it down for the clearcoat

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2010, 10:38:06 PM »
Well i think ive managed to track down the last of the required parts today at Pinballspareparts and have ordered some display glasses from the states and have a few other bits still to arrive.  Once they do ill put it altogether make sure its working 100% then strip it down ready for the clearcoat and touch ups.  Cant wait to have a game with the drops installed has anyone played one with drop targets before???

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2010, 09:18:21 AM »
Cant wait to have a game with the drops installed has anyone played one with drop targets before???

I think I mentioned this when we spoke about mine - I read somewhere that the game's a bit SDTM with them - so keen to try yours before modding mine!!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline FirePower

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2010, 09:35:07 AM »
I recall the pin of my youth was a Firepower with drops in the 80's at Hornsby in Sydney's north.  Didn't pay particular attention to the drops because there wasn't the thought that they were anything unusual. I reckon the game has to be better with drops because the rules make more sense and are part of the "mission" rather than just bashing away and drops in general are fun.

I've been following this thread with interest as I have the drop assemblies to convert mine courtesy of a cheap ebay playfield from Pinballshed.

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2010, 01:58:53 PM »
so i assume they have programed the d/t lift coil when they made this pin?
if not how have you got the coil to energise and lift the d/t's after you knock down a bank of 3 targets?

BTW it's Looking good so far.  ^^^
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 02:00:37 PM by beaky »
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2010, 03:56:10 PM »
Hi Andrew it is part of the original programming so all I neeeded to do was run a new wire from each coil back to the playfield plug it's only attached to the coil with aligator clips at the moment I have some connectorsnon order so I can wire it in to look original

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2010, 08:07:20 PM »
Well i found a few pictures of the build today so i thought id share them.   Using spares i have rebuilt the pop bumper assemblies and drain mech each part was stripped cleaned then hit with the buff to a nice shine the coils also get a good clean new didode and coil sleeve then re assembled i then bag them up ready for when i finally get to rebuild it

Offline el_timbo86

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
    • Hot Rodded Pins
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2010, 09:01:26 PM »
Looking SWEET Daniel  ^^^

Looking forward to the next installment...

Timbo

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2010, 09:45:17 PM »
The pins I needed arrived today from big daddy along with a couple of new display glasses so I wired flippers into the look and also the drop target coils.   I finally got to have half a game without aligator jumpers everywhere lol.
  Just needing the spinner and lower right ball guide for a full game but it's getting very close $#$