Author Topic: STERNS NEXT EDGY RELEASE ?  (Read 442 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
STERNS NEXT EDGY RELEASE ?
« on: July 22, 2010, 05:12:30 AM »
We have all talked about the titles STERN has been bringing out.

In this thread, I want to ask
WHAT TITLE OR THEME DO U WANT TO SEE STERN BRING OUT. ?  !@#  Forget Licenced Band themes, cause it will probably never happen. We have all said ACDC a hundred times.  Forget what u think they might bring out, I want to know what YOU want them to bring out.

But, I am interested in NEW ideas. OR Re-inventions of older ideas that worked well.

For example, what machines in the past sold BIG BIG numbers ? What about a remake of a all time winner.

1. My vote would be for a remake, new twist on Twilight Zone. I would buy one straight away.
2. A monsterbash style pin (although Scard stiff, elvira, Monster bash has been flogged to death) so maybe not !
3.Something different, something new and edgy. ? ? ?

CAN ANYONE COME UP WITH A TOTALLY NEW IDEA or A REMAKE OF SOMETHING THAT HAS BEEN DONE BUT WITH A TWIST ?

Anyone got any NEW ideas > ?  !@# !@# !@#
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 05:17:07 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinmadd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: STERNS NEXT EDGY RELEASE ?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 06:02:47 AM »
The Munsters   ^^^

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 08:09:24 AM »
Facebook the pinball, and your scores are automatically sent to facebook where they are ranked within your freinds list. I hate facebook, but market to what the masses like I guess.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 08:10:27 AM »
Something along the lines of the natural wonders of the world (or even human wonders of the world) - but this might best be suited to a Pin2K format as usually you do these in lots of 7.

Stern could do something about famous cities and do limited runs of the same layout using different cities around the world.

Offline Ric

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 09:37:18 AM »
How about the Rudd Government?

You could reintroduce the "gobble hole" that was popular with wood rails - NBN, ETS, Education revolution, stimulus package - all have their own gobble holes

The machine could give you an electric shock through the flipper buttons (like some of the old GTB's) if you get the home insulation feature?

Unfortunately, no multiball feature as Kevin didn't have them.

finally, Julia comes along and the whole game goes into tilt

Offline necroscope

• Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 10:15:42 AM »
I would love to see a captain america pin,as long as stern went back to making a more complex game with a decent ruleset,they are about to start production on the captain america movie so chances are pretty high stern may make a pin for it considering there sucsess with marvel superheroes.

Offline JurassicP

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 10:47:51 AM »
I think some of the pins out there that we all own are from licensed themes. mine is obviously (Jurrasic Park). Having said that, Circus Voltaire was unique and is hugely popular, fishtales, whitewater, getaway...

Rather than a new theme I would rather new advanced features like LCD displays etc etc.....

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 11:57:58 AM »
McDonalds (don't laugh).
I want to know if Roger Sharpe, from the Bally/Williams days, had approached these guys, since Maccas originated in Chicago. Imagine a pin located per restaurant....that would be something.

SC.
SC.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 12:13:39 PM »
AJ's idea about a pin being about a famous place would be good. A pinball called America, with all the features of the best the USA has to offer. Grand Canyon, famous cities, the white house etc etc.

Neroscopes idea about "Captain America" Marvel comic types of bad ass superhero would be excellent.

Rics funny idea about The Rudd Government and the gobble hole was funny. A free knife in the back from Julia Gillard everytime you hit an up ramp. lol

Some great ideas so far.

Ohhh yeh, the McDonalds pinball in every store around the world would have to be a Pinball 2000 concept. Having all the products of McDonalds featured would be a blast. STERN would sell something like 1 million because there are over 1 million stores in the world. A crazy idea, but farrrkk, if that came off, STERN would be a household name. Kids wouldnt say "i want a happy meal, they would say "I want to go and play the STERN".
FRIGGIN TOP IDEA !imagine the money in it for STERN, huge $$
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 12:15:25 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 12:42:32 PM »
Though you might like it Brett. There's something about burgers - we like to eat them and also play with em!!!

SC.
SC.

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 01:43:11 PM »
I am sure the caveman will agree with this one. "BLACK KNIGHT 3000"  :lol

or how about "THE HUNT FOR BIN LADEN"  !^!

I think they could make a great one out of the old cartoon series "THE WACKY RACERS"

Or how about "FIRE POWER 3"
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 01:54:09 PM »
I reckon a Battlestar Galactica Pin would be pretty cool.

Launch tubes, Cylons eye scanners, Space theme, hot chick on the backglass, tonnes of toys out there.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline Belac

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, VIC.
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 03:55:14 PM »
I read something the other day (so this is not my idea) about an idea generic type "Rock Band" pin, i think it was a comment on Sterns facebook page.

I've thought about it some more, and imagine a pin with similar modes to GNR (add band members etc) with a generic "rock" art theme (if such a thing exists!). Add the ability to play background music from a USB key (and possibly some sounds effects), and the ability to change some of the basic mode names/headings on the DMD via software settings and it could become very interesting. Stern could market it as a generic rock pin to operators, but the home users (and some operators) would no doubt theme them to their favorite band etc, etc.

I think this would be a smart avenue for them to pursue. A pin that is operator friendly, but gives the home market something to sink their teeth in to..

Offline Docpinball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 04:05:43 PM »
Borg desperately wants to do the Munsters,  but Gary Stern will have nothing to do with it unless a new movie tie in comes along. There is a Twilight Zone sequel with a twist Lawlor did.  Its called Ripleys believe it or not and it failed dismally although i think its quite a good pin.

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 05:09:12 PM »
To try and get kids back playing pinball it would be great if they brought out Halo or Call of duty.

Cheers