Author Topic: Problem with Queen Of Diamonds  (Read 139 times)

mark jackson

• Trade Count: (0)
Problem with Queen Of Diamonds
« on: July 22, 2010, 08:31:56 PM »
Does anyone know what this might be ??? ....... Lately, when I start the Qof D (1959 Gottlieb) it has this weird behaviour ... The bumpers don't bump, scores may or may not be added, flippers buzz sort of as if the wire was broken, then they may or may not react to the button. ... Very Strange ... Then, as one game becomes more, the machine slowly comes to life. It takes about 4 games and by then everything is working as it should.
        I've never had this type of problem on any machine so this is a mystery to me. Is it a 'moisture' problem, or something needs to 'heat up' a bit or maybe something else. All suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks, Mark

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: Problem with Queen Of Diamonds
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 09:05:45 PM »
Sounds like bad contacts.  Either need a clean or readjustment as they warm up the gap closes itself enough to operate the game properly th qustion is whick one????????????????????

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Problem with Queen Of Diamonds
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 10:12:42 PM »
Sounds like bad contacts.  Either need a clean or readjustment as they warm up the gap closes itself enough to operate the game properly th qustion is whick one????????????????????

+1

I've seen this intermittant problem before. Keep playing the game - it MAY do the cleaning for you simply by playing it ! Failing that - It sounds like a contact issue - I'd start at the reset bank.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia