Author Topic: This almost makes me want a Medieval Madness  (Read 512 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
This almost makes me want a Medieval Madness
« on: July 25, 2010, 09:56:29 AM »
About the slickest pinball in play video I've seen

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Re: This almost makes me want a Medieval Madness
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 10:17:28 AM »
Thats excellent . Great find  ^^^ Mist have taken a hell of a lot of work to put that together. Have they done any others?
I need to write 100 times .. "I must practice my flipper skills"
Gotta try trapping 2 balls on one flipper during Multiball like that.
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 10:40:00 AM »
Great video, no doubt about it. And I don't think anyone has ever denied that it is a good game - but is it worth the money you have to pay???

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 11:00:39 AM »
NICE video.

There is only 2 reasons I dont want a Medieval Madness......one is money.......
DW Drums rule !

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 11:11:30 AM »
Great video
love the incose camera work

Now, if only somebody would make a vid of a BBB
But who?  <.>

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 06:05:57 PM »
There is no denying, MM is a great looking pinball with some great features.

But, when you can have 4 other machines, for the same price of MM, it becomes an easy choice to say NO.

However, if i was to see a nice MM for the right price, i would say yes, but it would have to be in the Bargain category !  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline johnwartjr

• Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 03:43:42 AM »
Great video, no doubt about it. And I don't think anyone has ever denied that it is a good game - but is it worth the money you have to pay???

That's a loaded question. Is *any* pin worth the price you have to pay?

I think MM is overvalued, yet I'm not willing to sell mine at this time.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 08:18:55 AM »

That's a loaded question. Is *any* pin worth the price you have to pay?

I think MM is overvalued, yet I'm not willing to sell mine at this time.

This question might partly be about timing. I imagine there was a time when MM wasn't fetching the dollars it is today.

But obviously some people think MM is worth it, otherwise they wouldn't have bought one in the last couple of years. For them maybe it is about investment, not just pinball as a game. Or maybe they are the sort of people who don't mind what they pay if they really like something.

When it comes to our must-have pin we are all probably guilty of being willing to pay "over the dollar" as it were; for me I just can't imagine myself being in a position where I was willing to pay the sort of money that a Medieval Madness commands. Maybe if it was the last pinball on my wishlist...even then I just don't think I could buy it.

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 10:26:04 AM »

Got one and love it.Wouldnt sell it so price dosent mean much to me.Would rather have 1 game with good rules and enjoy playing than four b grade game to mack up numbers. ^^^

There nothing wrong with b tittles just less bang for your buck. ^^^
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 12:37:22 PM »

Got one and love it.Wouldnt sell it so price dosent mean much to me.Would rather have 1 game with good rules and enjoy playing than four b grade game to mack up numbers. ^^^

MM is a game that does inspire these sorts of thoughts. I'd say similar for AFM (which I personally prefer to MM), but I'd disagree a little with the comment - I even get bored with AFM from time to time and play other games in preference to it for often extended periods. So if I only had AFM, I'd have to disagree somewhat with the "rather have 1 game with good rules and enjoy playing than four b grade game" bit.

If I could only have one AFM or four titles to it's value would I keep AFM? Well all I can say is I do hope the day I have to make that choice never actually comes.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 03:52:42 PM »
Cool vid  ()

MM is a game that does inspire these sorts of thoughts. I'd say similar for AFM (which I personally prefer to MM), but I'd disagree a little with the comment - I even get bored with AFM from time to time and play other games in preference to it for often extended periods. So if I only had AFM, I'd have to disagree somewhat with the "rather have 1 game with good rules and enjoy playing than four b grade game" bit.

If I could only have one AFM or four titles to it's value would I keep AFM? Well all I can say is I do hope the day I have to make that choice never actually comes.

Agree, variety is the spice of life  *%* definately need more than one pin, sometimes you just need a break to get back into a particular game
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 04:01:34 PM by ktm450 »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 04:24:34 PM »

The question is, for the members who own a MM, is would you go out tomorrow, if u didnt have one already, and pay $10,500 for one ?
and i reckon most would say NO. If u bought one 3 or 4 yrs ago, different story. But some of these titles are more for show than go. Each to their own.

Anyone who has a MM would have to pay stupid money to replace a MM if ya sold it out of your collection.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 06:06:28 PM »
CoT, there is nothing wrong with having one or two games in a collection that are 'High end'

take a look at me, a few top 10's, a couple of top 30's and some older classics

Would I spend over 10 grand on one machine? not unless it was a prototype or BBB

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 06:41:13 PM »

[/quote]
The question is, for the members who own a MM, is would you go out tomorrow, if u didnt have one already, and pay $10,500 for one ?
and i reckon most would say NO. If u bought one 3 or 4 yrs ago, different story. But some of these titles are more for show than go. Each to their own.

Anyone who has a MM would have to pay stupid money to replace a MM if ya sold it out of your collection.
[/quote]

I have four pinball i would gladly swap for a MM (bttf,dh,comet,jd) all good games but they just get boring to quick. I'm lucky in one way that a got a few, so not playing the same game over and over again thus not becoming to boring.

Before, i just played pinball,now i like to get into it and follow the rules,so a game with some depth is what a like to play, weather it a  C,B,A title

Everyone taste is different, and have learnt not to judge a pinball till i have has some games on it.Was told LOTR was crap but played and loved it and the biggest thing i find with any pinball is the condition of it.  *%*

If the condition of A,B,C is crap you are more and likley going to have a crap game and leave with a crap option, of that crap game.

As you can tell i love my MM and will not part with it unless have too,yes the price is high but worth it in my option.sec
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 12:39:04 AM by wonder »
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 11:21:57 PM »
Would you pay $10,500 for one ?  !@#

« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 11:52:02 PM by Caveoftreasures »