Author Topic: Fake Ebayers  (Read 2068 times)

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: Fake Ebayers
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2010, 08:51:32 AM »
Please stay on topic guys. This thread is about Nikoloski's fake ebayers, not the merits or otherwise of importing pins.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 08:53:21 AM by Creech »

Offline necroscope

• Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2010, 09:18:57 AM »
Time for my two cents worth...

If I was importing a container as a private individual and not as a business, then I would be hoping to score a few pins for myself and that the punters paid enough for the remaining titles so that I could break even.
From my experience buying a container pin off of a private seller,the quality of  pins they were selling you wouldnt be called a punter, you would be called a F#@kin MUG for buying their incomplete and not-working pins and while we are on the subject of fake-ebayers what about the little group of shill bidding going on lately,i bid on a couple of ebay auctions one was a judge dread ended up getting a second chance offer $1700,seems not one but three other bidders that bid the item up after me didn't want the machine and it was re-listed the next day.So on that auction you had not 1 fake-ebayer but 3 fake-ebayer's.Anyway it didnt take a brain surgeon to work that out ()
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 09:27:16 AM by necroscope »

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2010, 09:41:29 AM »
From my experience buying a container pin off of a private seller,the quality of  pins they were selling you wouldnt be called a punter, you would be called a F#@kin MUG for buying their incomplete and not-working pins and while we are on the subject of fake-ebayers what about the little group of shill bidding going on lately,i bid on a couple of ebay auctions one was a judge dread ended up getting a second chance offer $1700,seems not one but three other bidders that bid the item up after me didn't want the machine and it was re-listed the next day.So on that auction you had not 1 fake-ebayer but 3 fake-ebayer's.Anyway it didnt take a brain surgeon to work that out ()

Have you got a link to the JD auction?
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline necroscope

• Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2010, 10:35:06 AM »

Have you got a link to the JD auction?
I did a search of completed auctions on ebay and it appears because the same auction was relisted at least three times from what i noticed it came up as zero bids 99c in the completed auction results,i guess when an item is relisted it's previous auction record must be erased. !@#

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2010, 11:06:41 AM »
eBay does whatever it can to minimise shill bidding - including hiding evidence of it wherever it can!!! !*!
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline necroscope

• Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2010, 11:39:37 AM »
I would also like to point out that when i was bidding on the JD it was described as fully working with no playfield wear,and when it was relisted the description changed to a JD with a part missing that affected the gameplay of the game,needless to say my bid was way over the odds for that machine and i was very glad it was shilled and i never won the auction.

Offline Pinmem

• Forum Posts:
  • Caroline Springs, Melbourne
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2010, 01:45:02 PM »
Ben,

Here is the link for the JD which you bidded on and was offered the second chance offer on. Please read the description carefully before you write something on a public forum.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320559316540&ssPageName=STRK:MEUSX:IT

Here is the listing for the second JD. I had to make it more clear for the bidders because it is obvious that people do not read the description before they bid on items.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320563248542&ssPageName=STRK:MEUSX:IT

Also this post is for Fake bidders as a reference so other people can be aware.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2010, 02:36:10 PM »
most of us see pins as an investment in fun, something to give the family enjoyment etc, and a rewarding hobby. Being a financial investment comes a far second place. I will not care that my pins de-value due to plentiful supply. I will be happy to afford more pins because prices will fall. Only the top end stuff can be considered financial investment, and alot of them pins are not value for playability.

That is well said I agree totally the more pins the better...

Peter

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2010, 06:11:03 PM »
I always review ebay listings and must say I have always thought Oscar's listing give an honest assessment of the games - faults/missing items/wear - not sure what the guy is supposed to do? As to the so called shill bidding, doesn't the title of this thread "fake ebayers" elude to who these bidders are likely to be i.e. fake ebayers? !@#

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2010, 06:26:34 PM »
If a "fake bidder" wins an auction, they are legally obliged to follow through with the purchase. Shill bidders on the other hand can be prosecuted by law as it is a highly illegal practice.

Question for Oscar: Have you considered legally forcing the fake bidders to follow through with their purchase?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2010, 10:33:13 PM »
stop selling/inporting  shit ^&^ ^&^

perhaps he is only joking.  

The words "Project Pins" are not used enough on most ebay listings.
Generally speaking, All sellers could add alot more detail to what doesnt work, compared to what does work. I cant comment on Oscars listings because i didnt bid on those machines, or read those listings, but the one or two i glanced at , in fairness, did spell out what didnt work , or was missing.

It might help to get all sellers a better win ratio on ebay payers. Most buyers do not understand that 90 percent of euro imported pins are projects because they are loaded full of problems.

I think it is honest for all pinball sellers to add the words "project pin" unless they are happy to write the words "100 percent working" at the top of the listing. This should be followed by all commercial and private sellers to avoid unhappy/non paying ebay customers espescially.

I have bought around 30 machines in the last 2 years, and I have dealt with 90 percent of people in this industry.
The closest thing to the pinball industry is the 2nd hand car market industry. Enough said unfortunately.

Having said that, there is one or two sellers I will deal with many many times more, and about eight I wont go near again.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 10:47:22 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2010, 10:46:52 PM »
If a "fake bidder" wins an auction, they are legally obliged to follow through with the purchase. Shill bidders on the other hand can be prosecuted by law as it is a highly illegal practice.

Question for Oscar: Have you considered legally forcing the fake bidders to follow through with their purchase?

Ebay would never force or allow a buyer to be forced to pay, short of taking someone to court, it wont happen.
There is no legal obligation for a buyer to go through with the sale, you can't force someone to pay for anything they don't want.
Realistically it is just easier to move on a re-list, hoping the buyer doesn't decide to leave you bad feedback just for the hell of it.
I sold an item ( a lousy $15 dollars worth) that got stolen before I could send it, I immediately refunded the buyers money, profusely apologised and left them excellent positive feedback, yet they still saw fit to leave me neutral feedback 3 weeks after the auction end, and Ebay wouldn't do a thing about it.
Ebay is for buyers, sellers are just a necessary evil ripe for the fleecing as far as Ebay is concerned.

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2010, 11:08:44 PM »
Ebay would never force or allow a buyer to be forced to pay, short of taking someone to court, it wont happen.
There is no legal obligation for a buyer to go through with the sale, you can't force someone to pay for anything they don't want.

I beg to differ. It's an auction and it's legally binding.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/08/03/1185648121130.html
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 11:26:28 PM by Creech »

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2010, 12:12:42 AM »

I beg to differ. It's an auction and it's legally binding.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/08/03/1185648121130.html

Like I said before Ebay looks after buyers.
That article is about a seller not wanting to hand over a sold item, not a buyer refusing to pay, (and take ownership).
I also said taking someone to court would be the only way to force them to pay.
My parents were involved in a car accident a few years back where the other driver was 100% in the wrong and they took him to court to recoup the repair costs of their car (they won), the other driver said he couldn't afford to pay so the judge said he could pay $1 per week and my parents had to collect the money from his house, that was on a $500 debt. So what makes you think you could get any meaningful settlement that comes out of a $2000 Ebay sale from some buyer in another state.
I am not being negative just realistic.

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2010, 12:19:16 AM »
I know what you're saying but I reckon if someone had the balls and the will then they could enforce it. You could at least start legal proceedings that hopefully will make the buyer shit himself into handing over the cash.