Author Topic: Rotating Collections  (Read 648 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Rotating Collections
« on: August 08, 2010, 06:17:42 PM »
I thought I'd never sell my Gorgar but I'm thinking of selling it as I want to rotate my collection-I'm more than happy with my 5 pinballs I have and don't want to build it up just want to change a machine or too so as to not get bord with my games. After buying WCS its added a whole new interest in pinball again so thought what the hell sell one and buy another what you guys reckon am I mad? ^&^

Peter

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: Rotating Collections
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 06:21:19 PM »
]I thought I'd never sell my Gorgar but I'm thinking of selling it as I want to rotate my collection-I'm more than happy with my 5 pinballs I have and don't want to build it up just want to change a machine or too so as to not get bord with my games. After buying WCS its added a whole new interest in pinball again so thought what the hell sell one and buy another what you guys reckon am I mad? ^&^

Peter[/b]

No, most of my pinball freinds in the USA seem to rotate their collections

If you feel that you have played a game to it's fullest, and you find yourself turning that game on less and less, why not sell it and move on

Not that I would ever even think of selling my games

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 06:53:35 PM »
I do it, but you can regret selling the odd one.

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 07:42:58 PM »
A few people have asked me if I regret selling all the older games I once had.

Anyone that has asked me that gets my stock reply ......"not really, I only REALLY regret selling one of them ......................................Gorgar"

Good luck with your decision mate #@#

DW Drums rule !

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 07:50:00 PM »
im always rotating my pins.. the more i do it the more "keepers" i seem to have.
But even keepers have their time frame... one took 20 years to move on, but move on it did and i do not regret doing it at all.. in fact i found it quite liberating.
So many quality pins out there and so little space to house them... rotation is a must!

Im rotating right now so i can get these bloody projects on the floor and up and running

Offline pinball-collector

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 08:05:41 PM »
Cant sell the Gorgar ,,Mate!!!   hard machine to get, when looking..

Offline scratcha

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 09:04:57 PM »
I know of a guy looking for a Gorgar.. %$% %$%

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 10:22:59 PM »
Not even sure what I'd ask for it?? nice new BG also..Can I ask for suggestions and no playfield wear.

Peter

Offline howzat

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 10:48:54 PM »
Hi Peter
I am going through the same thing with my street fighter 2    Have you thought about swapping with another member or local pin mate you know  for a 6  -12 mth period  You would both  still own your machines but at end of the time swap back.  By doing this you would get rotation and work out how much you have missed Gorgar  This is just an idea I spoke to mr Pinboligist about as he has so many games I would love to have.   What do you reckon

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 10:49:28 PM »
$6000   That way if you do sell it you can buy any machine you want.
    I would sell mine but I'd have to get crazy money to part with it

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 10:50:43 PM »
Hi Peter
I am going through the same thing with my street fighter 2    Have you thought about swapping with another member or local pin mate you know  for a 6  -12 mth period  You would both  still own your machines but at end of the time swap back.  By doing this you would get rotation and work out how much you have missed Gorgar  This is just an idea I spoke to mr Pinboligist about as he has so many games I would love to have.   What do you reckon
   Thatsca great idea

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 10:56:50 PM »
Hi Peter
   Thatsca great idea

Actually, that is more than a great idea, it's really great.

Obviously you would need to trust the member to look after the pin for you, and work out something about maintenance if the pin develops a fault.

But I can see that AP could easily have a section for swap loans.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 11:13:54 PM »

If there is enough interest, we could create a seperate section.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 02:42:58 PM »
Hi Peter
I am going through the same thing with my street fighter 2    Have you thought about swapping with another member or local pin mate you know  for a 6  -12 mth period  You would both  still own your machines but at end of the time swap back.  By doing this you would get rotation and work out how much you have missed Gorgar  This is just an idea I spoke to mr Pinboligist about as he has so many games I would love to have.   What do you reckon

Yep.. Ian (howzat) currently has my Stern Lectronamo on loan at his house, and may end up with one or two more yet depending on how things pan out for me (he is also storing Hot Hand for me). There arent too many people i'd trust enough to leave any of my pins with, but Ian is one of the few who i do trust, as i know its well looked after *%*

Though i dont have any of his machines here.. just parts from them for repair..  :lol
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 02:50:06 PM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline pinmadd

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2010, 06:16:45 PM »
Mate,... don't sell...  you will have to change your forum name,.. *)* 

just wrap her up and store in the corner for 6mths a year or so,.. then when you get the bug to play it's there for you, i find it hard to sell,but easy to buy,  %.%