Author Topic: Rotating Collections  (Read 609 times)

Offline JD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW
  • There's no law against having fun, just yet!
Re: Rotating Collections
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 06:43:38 PM »
I thought I'd never sell my Gorgar but I'm thinking of selling it as I want to rotate my collection-I'm more than happy with my 5 pinballs I have and don't want to build it up just want to change a machine or too so as to not get bord with my games. After buying WCS its added a whole new interest in pinball again so thought what the hell sell one and buy another what you guys reckon am I mad? ^&^

Peter

Oh no not the Gorgar! Surely not the Gorgar with the new backglass!!
$6,000 sounds like a good number. Especially with the new glass it looks a million bucks!

J.D.
There is no law against having fun just yet (but I am sure they are busy are drafting one!)

Offline bossninja17

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2010, 08:25:56 PM »
I like the idea of rotating or returnable swaps between members. I get too attached to my machines but play some less than others because the challenge has gone. Swapping a machine with a fellow member for a month, six months or even a year is something to consider. Being members, we would show the same care to the received machine as if it was our own.
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline SPURR

• Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 10:27:21 PM »
Seeing you have 5 pinballs sell a different one other than Gorgar

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2010, 10:51:04 PM »
Seeing you have 5 pinballs sell a different one other than Gorgar

seeing you have 12 how about rotating one off your wall for us Mark  *)*

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2010, 04:21:46 AM »
I made a rule when i started collecting to try and NEVER sell a machine. To date, I have stuck to the rule & probably always will.
I find, by having this rule, I have tricked my mind into a deal whereby, if I want another title, I have to drag my ass outta bed earlier and more often to earn enough money to buy another one. (not an easy trick when u are fully self employed and run your own business, cause staying home for the day and playing lots of pins looks much better than going out n finding work).

I say dont sell it Pete, just find another way, anyway, to scratch up the extra coin to buy another machine you have in mind.
$40 a week over 12 months equals $2 grand for another title. (mow the next door neighbours lawn, or anyone elses in the street,when ya do your lawn and they will pay for your next pin !) food for thought. lol

Keep Gorgar, too hard to find like yours.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 04:26:26 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline braddo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2010, 01:32:52 PM »
Can you consistently beat this guy every game? Tough decision.

I have a list of about 3-4 machines I still want, and I'm always thinking about what will go first, but that decision keeps changing - I don't want any to go.
At least you will be able to buy another Gorgar in the future, but it won't be as good as yours.
If money isn't an issue give it to a relative or someone you know/trust, or swap before you sell it. If you don't miss it after some time, then sell it.

I've also thought about swapping and think it's a great idea.
WTB (or possibly trade) - 1980 Stern ALI

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2010, 11:34:18 PM »
Sell it and get another Pete, its only a box and you have had your fun with it.................you will have to change your username to the new title though,hope you get a dr dude  %.%

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2010, 01:22:14 AM »
I made a rule when i started collecting to try and NEVER sell a machine. To date, I have stuck to the rule & probably always will.
I find, by having this rule, I have tricked my mind into a deal whereby, if I want another title, I have to drag my ass outta bed earlier and more often to earn enough money to buy another one. (not an easy trick when u are fully self employed and run your own business, cause staying home for the day and playing lots of pins looks much better than going out n finding work).

I say dont sell it Pete, just find another way, anyway, to scratch up the extra coin to buy another machine you have in mind.
$40 a week over 12 months equals $2 grand for another title. (mow the next door neighbours lawn, or anyone elses in the street,when ya do your lawn and they will pay for your next pin !) food for thought. lol

Keep Gorgar, too hard to find like yours.

I understand what your saying Brett and moneys not really the issues it's just that 5 pinballs and a arcade game is probally enough that way the rooms got plenty of room to also entertain and play pinball with space. So after much thought THERES NO WAY I COULD PART WITH MY GORGAR AND THE BEAUTY IS STAYING so I may have to say 6 pinballs is a good number/thanks to all who commented and it was probally  a 100% on keeping her.

Peter
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 09:17:36 AM by GORGAR 1 »

Offline JD

• Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW
  • There's no law against having fun, just yet!
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2010, 08:24:55 AM »
Live on Gorgar!

J.D.
There is no law against having fun just yet (but I am sure they are busy are drafting one!)

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2010, 11:37:09 AM »
DONT get me started on rotating....Or in 2 weeks i will have a new lineup again..lol ^&^ ^&^
NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

Offline FirePower

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2010, 01:45:10 PM »
Peter, thank goodness you reached the only sane decission on Gorgar.  I reckon you would have regretted letting it go about a millisecond after selling.  Off course I speak as another totally biased Gorgar owner.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2010, 02:15:17 PM »
Peter, thank goodness you reached the only sane decission on Gorgar.  I reckon you would have regretted letting it go about a millisecond after selling.  Off course I speak as another totally biased Gorgar owner.

I would have to I reckon-She's playing at her best too so I must have been in BAD place for a moment to even think about it. I think what I really need is a nice FLASH to sit next to my Time Warp and Gorgar as they where so close in production times.

Peter

Offline FirePower

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2010, 02:26:54 PM »
I think what I really need is a nice FLASH to sit next to my Time Warp and Gorgar as they where so close in production times.

Peter[/b]

Frightening to see that there is another man who thinks like me  #@#  Last week I picked up a reasonable Flash - it needs a little work, a decent clean and tidy up - to go alongside my collection of Firepower, Gorgar, Time Warp and World Cup.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2010, 03:47:46 PM »
Yeah glad your keeping it $#$

Offline pinballheaven

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2010, 03:59:40 PM »
Pete,

Go the Phoenix!!!!

I Know.......I am a little biased!

Soon I will have Gorgar, Flash and Phoenix lined up together.......ahhhh pure heaven!! Those memories!

Jeff