Author Topic: how many sales till you a professional / commercial seller  (Read 6175 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
A commercial seller would be someone who can find the parts in his warehouse....  #@#
(Sorry boss - couldn't resist, wheres that RH PZ ramp?)

Anyone bringing a container?

Nino did it last(?) year - even sold a few machines out of the container.

I don't think anyone on here would consider Nino commercial? (Especially given the way he went about it - we all know the motivation was NOT profit)

There are other guys around bringing in a few containers a year - and not with the intention of keeping half the machines either.

These are the blokes the OP is aimed at. (and yes - if you buy in bulk with intentions to re-sell, you are commercial in ANY industry)

NB: I singled Mark and Nino out because I know them - comments apply to anybody in the same boat BTW.

Great post Shansta - You are right - I brought in a container last year as a hobbyist and collector. Some people I know drive $60,000 - $80,000 cars, I bought a container and kept my EL wagon  ^^^. I don't own a swimming pool or tennis court !

I've sold three fully restored (and documented here)  machines, to members here on AP. I brought in two machines for Gavin (Rally Comics and Bally Star Trek). Some games are set up in my gamesroom (as is working). My motivation is to have a constant restoration queue and at the end of it, have a gamesroom (or basement) full of EMs and SS machines. I've got 20 years to sit on these machine and enjoy every singe restoration. In that time, the $60,000 car won't be worth $60,000 any more and my machines will still be there, played and enjoyed by my children. I will sell some of them - to fund more project machines etc.. But they will be restored.

I personally encourage people to bring in containers, but keep in mind that Dealers do this for a living, so if the motivation is to make a profit - It will not be easy to compete with established Businesses. In fact, it will be almost impossible unless you have a building to store and repair the games, staff to recondition the machines, a salesroom, after sales support - the list goes on.

An importer of containers is not necessarily a Commercial Seller, a dealer or a hobbyist. My Father was an operator who was bringing in containers before most of us here were born. No such thing as a dealer in the 50's and 60's !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia