Author Topic: PCB from China  (Read 472 times)

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
PCB from China
« on: August 15, 2010, 12:11:55 PM »
I got this email from China the other day. Did anyone else get this? Looks a bit suss to me.

Dear Sirs and Madams,

Good Day!!
Thanks for the chance to introduce ourselves to you as an exporter of Pinballs for many years and
also have many experiences and a good reputation for manufacturing PCB's.

Re: Dot Matrix Display Driver Board (PCB) for Williams/Bally/Mid Way
Photo of our DMD(PCB) is as attached.  

1. Our display driver baord is universal for many kinds of Pinballs with the copyright reserved.  

2. We designed the board ourselves and it is 100% compatible with the original PCB's.
The design removes all the heat problems associated with the original PCB.
Because of this, the board is very reliable.

3. The size of our PCB and connection are the same as the original and can simply be exchanged
for an easier and cheaper solution to your display problems.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon by return mail and we do hope that we can offer our
best service to you and meet your needs.

With Best Regards,

Faxlink Computer Co., Ltd.
Jammy Huang
cc/Nancy
No.16 , Lane 16, Guo Chang Street,
Fung Shan City, Kaohsiung Xian,  
Taiwan, R.O.C .
Tel: 886-7-791-0981
Fax: 886-7-7910274 / 7913489

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: PCB from China
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 01:45:09 PM »
It is VERY sus for a few reasons. China does not and has never made pinball machines. In fact they have no idea what a pinball machine is. I have tried for many years to get something manufacturer there but I keep hitting brick walls when trying to describe what I want even supplying diagrams etc.

Second the wording looks almost the same as mine for my DMD replacement board here:

http://www.homepin.com/pcbs.html

Thirdly electronics in China ARE NOT manufactured in Xian - electronics is 99% concentrated in the Guangdong provice and more specifically around Shenzhen and Donguan. Arcade parts almost all come from the other side of the river from Guangzhou in a suburb call Panyu.

I am currently assisting a Brisbane buyer whe sent US$10K to China a week ago and the seller dissapeared overnight. We are hot on their trail but realistically have about a 25% chance at best of recovering the funds.

I think this is just another of the millions of scams running.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
  • I want to migrate... To Qld...
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 01:55:41 PM »
He beat me to it, but I was going to say - ask Mike...  #@#
Why is it called PMS?
Because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken...

Offline bossgp

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 09:16:12 PM »
The address is in Taiwan not China, Kaohsiung is in the southern end of Taiwan,Fong shan city is a suburb located in Kaohsiung I worked there many years ago in Kaohsiung. I might send the phone numbers to a friend to check out.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 09:27:39 PM »
The address is in Taiwan not China, Kaohsiung is in the southern end of Taiwan,Fong shan city is a suburb located in Kaohsiung I worked there many years ago in Kaohsiung. I might send the phone numbers to a friend to check out.
+1 with location. Still don't know if these guys know what a pin is??? Can't remember seeing any there myself.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 09:40:52 AM »
Pinballs gave always been banned in China/Taiwan - it dates back to the early days when they were inline gambling machines and the ban was never lifted.

My bad on the address but my comments still apply. You won't get any sense or answers by calling them. Just ignore them.

Offline johnwartjr

• Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 01:49:29 PM »
Jammy has been selling display boards for years. I don't know anyone who has bought any, though. I seem to remember his offering containers at one point, too.....

Offline bossgp

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 07:07:07 PM »
Well according to my friend they are very much a real company located at the address that they have stated, the phone and fax are true too
Faxlink Computer Co., Ltd have been established since 1989 and advertise on ttnet.net and other Taiwanese web sites. I am sending my friend down
to get some more information on the displays and the pricing.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 08:05:33 PM »
Well according to my friend they are very much a real company located at the address that they have stated, the phone and fax are true too
Faxlink Computer Co., Ltd have been established since 1989 and advertise on ttnet.net and other Taiwanese web sites. I am sending my friend down
to get some more information on the displays and the pricing.

Thanks bossgp for the real detective work and keep us updated with info.  ^^^

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 02:10:23 AM »
I sent them an email several days ago. I got the email address from their web site

taiwan@faxlink.com.tw
Hi
I was wondering if you sell DMD displays for pinball machines?
If you do could you send me the details on the display and the price & shipping to Australia post code 4211.
Best regards.
Andrew

This is what I recieved back
This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:

Your message was not delivered because the destination computer was not reachable within the allowed queue period.  The amount of time a message is queued before it is returned depends on local configura- tion parameters.

Most likely there is a network problem that prevented delivery, but it is also possible that the computer is turned off, or does not have a mail system running right now.

Your message was not delivered within 5 days and 0 hours.
Host faxlink.com.tw is not responding.

The following recipients did not receive this message:

<taiwan@faxlink.com.tw>

On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 05:08:50 PM »
even if they received the message they would have absolutely no idea what a 'DMD' is and as they are all made in the USA even if they did have them I can't see the price being cheaper  !@#