Author Topic: Pinballs R Us and Mr Cardini meet all in one day...yipppeee  (Read 1263 times)

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
Pinballs R Us and Mr Cardini meet all in one day...yipppeee
« on: August 22, 2010, 11:07:33 AM »
Ok...well what a cool day..
I was picked up by Wotto in his nice new red car for the drive out to  Pinballs R Us
And we got lucky with the parking...right at the front door..nice work Wotto..lol..

A great spot for the man cave..right on the main road and at the lights...lots of exposure in that spot...you cant miss it...

And inside the front door was a nice area with a bar....big lounge chairs with cocktail machines infront of them...pool table...juke boxes...daytonas....BBH games ect...
As you can see Wotto didnt know were to look...and yes you can Hire out the rooms for parties ect...did I hear AP meet..???

Then in the next room....HEAPS of pins...all setup on freeplay for the day...most of them played very well apart from a couple that Wotto stuffed up...lol..They also had a room that is going to be there pinball workshop and parts area setup with the pinball comp....for $10 you got 1ball only on 2 machines and scores added together for a final score...the machines were Spiderman and Iron man....
I had a go in the comp with Mr Freeplay(Paul)...and yeah...I started good on the spiderman but it was all downhill from there...no luck...lol

Wotto on the CSI....think he liked this game....Lucky he is good at fixing pins...as he is not bad at stuffing them as well..LOL

Freeplay on the NBA...we all agreed that this is a very good pin...lots of fun and played really well...Oh and yes the Batman was working until Wotto touched it..LOLOLOL

This was my favorite on the day....some Dale peanut I have no idea who he is...lol...but fun game...same as nascar ect...played really well...

Then it was time to head off to Cardini's (Andrews) place to play some real classic pins...

NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Thanks for the story and pics Paul. Unfortunately I couldn't get over there yesterday .

Cheers
Dave
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
Then it was off to Andrews....We could hear the EM's clicking away as we walked down his driveway...and wow...what a nice setup...FANTASTIC lineup of pins...

and the other side of the garage....

How RARE is this one..????
yep...an EM version of Countdown...and played really well...

I love the oldschool artwork and even better backglass animations..

What the hell could 2 guys be doing hiding at the end of the room and getting all worked up over a bag full of rubber bands...
Yeah thats right...you guessed it....MAGIC TRICKS...lol...omg

Looks like the day had worn out old mate Mick 1....he was getting specials on everything

But as normal I get the deer in the headlights shot from Mick...seem to be able to get one at every meet..LOLOL

Another RARE one....EM version of Sinbad....NICE

I actually really liked the Kings and Queens...my pick for the night...

Thanks again Andrew for the night....Im sure the next meet you have will be crowded...think everyone was in QLD...

NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Great pictures - thanks for posting, Paul. Looks like they have gone to a lot of effort in creating the "Man Cave".

Those EMs look awesome - great lineup and some very desireable machines.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
I wondered where my red car went to.lol   Love the plates on the Ferrari. HS1   

Nice photos and thanks for taking all the pictures - excellent read for sure.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

All those EMs look great . Really nice collection. I would be proud to have those nice pins. Alot of effort has gone into collecting all those titles.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Great story - thanks for posting   @@*
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Dirty daz

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Forum Posts:
great story/pics

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
Looks like you had a great day boys.How good do all those EMS lined up look,with some nice titles in there also.Thanks for the picks  @@*.

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
Yep was a great day...
And I kicked some ass big time on the BSD...I was ON FIRE...20min ball..lol....lol
NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Thanks Paul really enjoyed your photos and story.
    I might just have to start charging people to use my shed

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Well - I have been out all day and came on to upload some pics and tell a story about a GREAT day - but Rollerball has covered most of it VERY well and with some great humour.

I will add a little bit......

Firstly - Andrews collection of Em's is damn good , and I aint even an EM guy.
You will notice some rarer versions of titles in his collection like the EM 'Sinbad' and EM ' Countdown'
Most games played quite well, I broke NO GAMES , Rollerball belted a few up but.
It was a fun night at Andrew's and I came away with a new magic trick to show my son , which I have already forgotten and a SH&T LOAD of Twisties ( Rollerball knows what I mean  :lol )

Shame that this game wasnt working last night, being as cool as The Fonz I wanted to 'BE LIKE THE REAL FONZ' and have a crack at it - Aaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy.

Back to of Pins R Us.

Here is an inside shot of the other half of the 'shop' ( no I didnt just take the pic for the chicky's )

As Paul stated , this place is in a GREAT location for passers by ( probably 50,00+++ cars a day will pass by it ) and it is at a major intersection located on the $$ side of Sydney.
It is VERY well appointed pinball showroom - EASILY the best I have ever seen in Sydney.
The guys who are in the business are super keen fans of pinball and have some great idea's for corporate hire / function nights / promo nights as well as sales, service and a spare parts supply.

ALL of these things have been sadly lacking in Sydney for......EVER unless you are lucky enought to 'know' the couple of decent pinball techs in Sydney , then you were screwed.

I believe these guys will help to highlight pinball in Sydney again to 'Joe Blow' and I applaud them for investing the time , effort and $$ that have gone and will go into this venture.

I truly wish these guys the BEST of luck.

DW Drums rule !

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Well done, good stories and good pictures.

And obviously pinball was the winner!

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
And obviously pinball was the winner!

Mate I reckon so  - I believe Pinball will be the winner from this - definitely  #*#
DW Drums rule !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

That "Fonz" game is a Bally "Nip-It" - and absolute ripper of a machine. It has "zipper flippers" and the ball capture under the crocodile. Unfortunately, these ball capture assemblies developed problems on route, and were often removed. I might even have an assembly in storage, as we owned 2 "Nip It"s, and I WISH we still had one !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline StuartT

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Good story. Great pinnie line up. Gives one a reason to visit Sydney.