Author Topic: TZ Diverter problem  (Read 179 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
TZ Diverter problem
« on: August 27, 2010, 06:40:09 PM »
Having some really weird stuff happening today.

First the Powerball Multiball starts at random from the gumball machine when I shoot any ball into it. Found it occurs every second shot into the gumball machine.

Secondly the powerball is not recognized even though the reed switch and sensor switch look like working (the LED is on for metal balls and off for the powerball).

Thirdly in an attempt to see what's going on I power off and on and get an error that says the Gumball Diverter has a problem. Tested it and it works as far as the diverter activates/deactivates. In game play it also works.

The tricky thing I noticed (I think) is when I shoot a metal ball towards the gumball entrance on that second load, the powerball multiball sound and speech seems to happen as the Diverter activates. So the multiball activation may not necessarily be triggered by the ball entering the gumball machine but by the diverter???

Any ideas on this problems?
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re: TZ Diverter problem
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 08:55:33 PM »
Got back from dinner and found the problem. Did a Gumball test to see what opto's and switches would activate and noticed the LANE switch not activating.

Looked at the switch and he Green wire that slides on had come off.

This will cause the Powerball to not be recognized and cause fanthom Powerball Mania's to occur.

And Gumball Machine Diverter error.

Hope this helps anyone in the future
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 09:03:11 PM by pinball god »
Still loving my Metallica Premium