Author Topic: Paragon on ebay  (Read 1492 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Paragon on ebay
« on: August 28, 2010, 01:10:58 PM »
If there is a SS that is calling for me, its a Paragon. Looking at the photo's is it worth this starting price or even higher? What do you reckon?  !@#

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Paragon-Pinball-Machine-Bally-/160472524499?pt=AU_CoinOp
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Paragon on ebay
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 04:18:25 PM »
looks like it needs a good strip down and a good resto, cabinet a bit rough, dirty lock down bar mech etc. I would want to inspect the playfield in person, although, with the low res photos, it seems to be ok ? maybe check the backglass out up close as well.

seems like a honest pin. it should end up being a really nice machine. that title has some excellnt colours for its time.  ^^^

worth a cheap airfare to check it out in person if i was buying it . goodluck with the purchase.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline chris288

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 04:30:00 PM »
I think its worth the starting price but in view of the obvious scuffing on the headbox and probably other minor issues I wouldn't go any more.

If I were paying say, $3K for this then I would expect it to be very very good.

The Playfield and Backglass seem to be ok but I would really like to see a few more detailed photos. We cant really see if there have been any PF touchups or even if the Backglass has flaking which is highly likely on a machine this age and getting hold of good replacements is near impossible.

Paragon is such a great game ( just ask Nino ) its probably fair to say it would have been played hard in its day.

As far as highly desirable SS Bally's are concerned then Paragon is near the top of my list. Its way more fun than a Kiss which sells for 2 or 3 times as much and I think in years to come it will be highly sought after, which lets face it it probably now is.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 04:43:56 PM »
I think its worth the starting price but in view of the obvious scuffing on the headbox and probably other minor issues I wouldn't go any more.

If I were paying say, $3K for this then I would expect it to be very very good.

The Playfield and Backglass seem to be ok but I would really like to see a few more detailed photos. We cant really see if there have been any PF touchups or even if the Backglass has flaking which is highly likely on a machine this age and getting hold of good replacements is near impossible.

Paragon is such a great game ( just ask Nino ) its probably fair to say it would have been played hard in its day.

As far as highly desirable SS Bally's are concerned then Paragon is near the top of my list. Its way more fun than a Kiss which sells for 2 or 3 times as much and I think in years to come it will be highly sought after, which lets face it it probably now is.

I agree with Chris 100%. Backglass is subject to flaking and peeling - especially on the lower section.

Playfield has wear around the bonus inserts, the targets need to be replaced, two big holes where a security bar has been installed at some point. Playfield is a bit dull, so a "shop job" will fix that. Some serious looking scuff marks on the head. The boards will need to be sorted out.

A good base for a restoration. Indeed a GREAT machine to play, but in this condition it is worth no more than $2000. If it is your "Holy Grail" machine, then consider paying more. The only real thing that bothers me is the wear around the inserts, and the possibilty of flaking in the backglass.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 05:01:56 PM »
That's what I was figuring as a reasonable price. There seems to be a fair bit of wear around the inserts that may be a pain to fix up. Someone has bid the $2.5K so be interestign to see if it goes for that or not. I was gonna offer $2K if the auction stalled and after a personal look. But I needed to hear from people to see if I was on the right track or whether my pricing is way off.

Thanks for the feedback guys

Offline Ballywannabe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 09:34:05 PM »
It is a hard to find game but that one would not be worth even 2K in my view, but hey if you really want one and money is not a big concern ::)

Offline bossninja17

• Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 06:50:43 PM »
For the right price, would be a good game to own. I used to play a Paragon at Epping Squash Courts and West Ryde Hotel. Don't know if I'm out of touch, but up to $2000 would be reasonable for a private sale. Auctions and ebay often generate unrealistic prices.
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 08:32:02 PM »
its all mine ^&^ @@* $#$ $#$ $#$
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline deadlydave

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 08:45:13 PM »
Well done  ^^^
A classic machine for sure.

Cheers
Dave

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 09:07:56 PM »

Good one Damien - You will love this machine.

Just needs a good clean and it will look great.

Congrats !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 09:14:01 PM »
its all mine ^&^ @@* $#$ $#$ $#$
Dam if i knew it was you I would have bid $4k just to be a pain in the ars. even though i don't have the funds I would have made me feel better that i didn't get it.  <.>  %.%

Na just kidding studley.
Well done.
I assume you will keep it till the day you die of old age.
As a lot of us know it is a pin that is on a lot of people's wish list, and the chance to get one in good nick now a days is rare.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 09:23:24 PM »
Congrats looking forward to the photos when you get it  #*#

Offline rads

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2010, 09:21:50 AM »
Well done on the purchase.  Needs a lot of work to get the playfield and cab up to scratch.  It will keep you busy.  Enjoy.

Offline greatwichjohn

• Forum Posts:
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2010, 02:41:45 PM »
The playfield looks pretty good with very minor wear. Someone has contacted me with the art, & it might be possible to restore if the playfield has issues not evident in the pictures.
World leader in small production of pinball products using modern commercial uv inkjet technology.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2010, 03:01:42 PM »
great game to have in your collection. On my want list for sure.