Author Topic: Container Pin Issues and Discussion  (Read 3096 times)

Offline shansta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
  • I want to migrate... To Qld...
Re: Container Pin Issues and Discussion
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2010, 12:10:44 AM »

hey did i or did not not call those cheap things pieces of  !
i have always done my best to call em as I see em
i am not perfect though and are happy to say this

Yes - which goes back to my earlier point, if you were mis-leading your customers (Most of the people in this thread)

You wouldn't have a business - and we would be buying pins from some dude in Huntingdale...

I think this shit will sort itself out - if an 'operator' is selling "below par" product, they won't last long!

And look on the bright side Mark - if someone sells me a POS, I know a dude who is sitting on a fairly big pile of spare parts... (Even if he can't find half of 'em)   #@#
Why is it called PMS?
Because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken...

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2010, 12:16:27 AM »
im not familiar with vic,who is in huntindale?
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2010, 12:22:32 AM »

"Mr Pinball Australia"
Why is it called PMS?

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2010, 12:49:26 AM »

hey did i or did not not call those cheap things pieces of  !
i have always done my best to call em as I see em
i am not perfect though and are happy to say this

Yes - which goes back to my earlier point, if you were mis-leading your customers (Most of the people in this thread)

You wouldn't have a business - and we would be buying pins from some dude in Huntingdale...

I think this shit will sort itself out - if an 'operator' is selling "below par" product, they won't last long!

And look on the bright side Mark - if someone sells me a POS, I know a dude who is sitting on a fairly big pile of spare parts... (Even if he can't find half of 'em)   #@#

LOL

its too late to say something smart ....  and had a couple after a long hard day
still though call it s POS and everyone knows that what it is ...  ask Daniel  he has brought many

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2010, 12:40:26 AM »
but the reality is, that people purchasing, need to do more (questions, request photos etc, take a experienced friend to view a machine etc) and some sellers need to do more as well.

End of the day this is the main thing, if you have personally inspected it and agreed on a price with the seller, do not complain, unless the seller has blatently lied to you, you know what you have purchased.
If you have purchased through photos, then this can be difficult, you have to trust the seller to take acurate photos, hard call.

The amount of posts is not the perfect idea to weed out problems, if a seller cant advertise then we may miss out on a bargain, I got a good deal from a member with low posts, great to deal with.

We are all happy to buy cheap pins and these guys have the balls to bring containers over, the buyers just need to take caution to inspect before handing over their money

"Mr Pinball Australia"

No comment...
I did purchase a TZ for $3000 from him tho #@#

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2010, 05:10:32 AM »

its too late to say something smart ....  and had a couple after a long hard day
still though call it s POS and everyone knows that what it is ...  ask Daniel  he has brought many

Speaking of Daniel:

Mark - when your customer uses a hammer to fit the machine into their car...

It's a POS mate...    #(&
Why is it called PMS?

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2010, 12:34:06 PM »
did I not call it that ....

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2010, 07:04:38 PM »

Yes - and didn't you assist with the installation of said machine into vehicle?  :lol :lol :lol
Why is it called PMS?

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2010, 07:44:29 PM »
Seriously - what does a buyer expect????
The short answer is...honesty!

Agree 100% . I've only ever sold a couple of pins (all outside of the forums) and one thing I do is give as much information as possible AND always state to a potential buyer that if there's anything else they want to know then ask away . This ensures that there are no hidden "surprises" when the buyer gets the pin as everything should be up front before the sale takes place .

You sometimes get people who don't ask a lot of questions however so the best thing to do as a seller is to be honest and upfront to cover yourself if the buyer is unhappy later . (NOT saying that anyone here is dis-honest . It's just what I do myself)

I think the idea of a feedback system etc. is a great idea or perhaps keep a log of who has sold pins to who etc. that way members can privately contact previous purchasers from the same seller via PM to get their opinions.

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2010, 09:45:31 PM »

Yes - and didn't you assist with the installation of said machine into vehicle?  :lol :lol :lol

I offered to rope it to the roof .....

poor daniel even helped me re stock the showroom with 7 new pins as we sent a few out

Offline infinite1977

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
  • Roger 504 apprehend him
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2010, 10:10:27 AM »
Interesting thread. As a buyer who is relatively new to pinballs, I would expect honesty as been said by previous members. I think it is only fair to know what your buying. If in doubt about something, post it. If there is an option of after sales support even better, but thats what these forums and Nino are for:)

Overall I think the rule is fair, but I doubt it will change much, there are just some people you can not please. years of being in retail and wholesale has proven that to me. I would like to believe that regardless of negative posts people should be smart enough to read between the lines and decipher through the crap. In the end, if a seller is honest and sticks to his word he will have some longevity in his chosen industry AKA Mark. (Now that I have praised you Mark, I expect a better deal on my next machine) :)

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2010, 11:30:47 AM »
Interesting thread. As a buyer who is relatively new to pinballs, I would expect honesty as been said by previous members. I think it is only fair to know what your buying. If in doubt about something, post it. If there is an option of after sales support even better, but thats what these forums and Nino are for:)

Overall I think the rule is fair, but I doubt it will change much, there are just some people you can not please. years of being in retail and wholesale has proven that to me. I would like to believe that regardless of negative posts people should be smart enough to read between the lines and decipher through the crap. In the end, if a seller is honest and sticks to his word he will have some longevity in his chosen industry AKA Mark. (Now that I have praised you Mark, I expect a better deal on my next machine) :)

so true

and yes I will have to charge you double next time ......

and yes most pf the quick buck people don't last long , even some of the bigger ones go  as has one on the companies here in Melbourne, soon to be announced ..

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2010, 08:41:35 PM »

so true

and yes most pf the quick buck people don't last long , even some of the bigger ones go  as has one on the companies here in Melbourne, soon to be announced ..

who & how soon? tell me, tell me,tell me  :lol :lol :lol
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Chad

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2010, 09:27:05 PM »
so true

and yes most pf the quick buck people don't last long , even some of the bigger ones go  as has one on the companies here in Melbourne, soon to be announced ..

hmmmmm......  another closing down auction, he hasn't had one for a few years now

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2010, 08:40:41 PM »
so true

hmmmmm......  another closing down auction, he hasn't had one for a few years now
hmmm just like that store called "going out of buisness" or something like that in the movie don't mess with the zohan  %.%
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)