Author Topic: The hardest or most frustrating area to get at on a particular game  (Read 281 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Most pinballs have spots where you just think "what did they think of when designing that area". I know to change a globe in one of the pop bumpers on my SWEP1 involves pretty much a complete shopout. You need to take off most of the right hand side components.

Any other horror maintenance issues for particular games out there?
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
just abou every DMD era game out there

Even my new IronMan
I bought the fancy new popbumper caps from pinball life (that look like ironmans chest-piece)
to change over tha last one, I need to remove the backboard, which will allow me to remove the ramp which runs over the top of the pop bumper

LOTR, I wanted to change the black rubbers for new white ones, most of the playfield parts will be needed to be removed

bah, humbug

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
I thought you were talking about shots...lol....the mini playfield on the Genie is always hard to get to...well with the ball it is..lol
NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Excellent question.

Sega-The Lost World - quite involved to shop the machine, have to remove almost everything at the back of the machine.
Batman Forever - same as above. All the stuff up the back left makes removing lots of stuff neccessary.
BK2000 - easy to shop
Godzilla - easy to shop
Next Gen - easy to shop (when your secret weapon is Beaky) lol

As for very difficult playfield shots, Last Action Hero has a shot where the ball gets shot back at you very fast, if u can get it.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has a few hard shots incl "Save April".  Ninja Ninja ! What a fun machine.

The hardest shot on any pinball, is when your wife comes in, to ramble about her day, and starts to ask questions, right when you are having a magic ball, and u are scoring really well, only to instantly get a drain ball. Its then like "GO AWAY WIFE". LOL
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic

Next Gen - easy to shop (when your secret weapon is Beaky) lol

I remember when you used to tell me i go to far with my shop jobs brett but now i have a list of pins to "shop it beaky's way" as long as my arm, (99% of them are cavemans pins)lol

I have found on most pins there are lamp that need so much work to get to that its not worth just replacing the blown lamps,you may as well replace them all.

Also one of the cliffy's i fitted to Brett's LAH was a mission & a half
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline indazone gav

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Try replacing globes in the WOW inserts on CV behind the rinmaster. what a pain in the ass ^.^

Offline Dirty daz

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Forum Posts:
Excellent question.

As for very difficult playfield shots, Last Action Hero has a shot where the ball gets shot back at you very fast, if u can get it.

The hardest shot on any pinball, is when your wife comes in, to ramble about her day, and starts to ask questions, right when you are having a magic ball, and u are scoring really well, only to instantly get a drain ball. Its then like "GO AWAY WIFE". LOL
that was one of my favorate shots hitting the ball back after the ball gets shot back at you very fast &&

i hate being distracted from the game ^.^