Author Topic: Does anyone have a working Rowe jukebox  (Read 229 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Does anyone have a working Rowe jukebox
« on: September 01, 2010, 10:50:32 PM »
OMG does anyone have a working Rowe r82 to 83 jukebox they can test a few parts or lend me working parts before I go completely mental?????    Was working rang the guy to tell him it's done put new labels into the slots went to test a song and it's f**ked again.     What I need is a working mech control unit to either test or have mine tested.   I've already sent it to the Tasmanian jukebox guy who said they had fixed it.

It probably tests fine on a bench but once the weight of the records is in the magazine the fault appears it's either the mech control or the motor for the magazine

PLEASE.  HELP

Offline Steevsee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Does anyone have a working Rowe jukebox
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 04:13:23 PM »
The troubleshooting section in the R83 manual describes a way to test the mech control unit.
Not sure if you have the manual or not?
Can PM a link for you if you don't.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 04:16:19 PM by Steevsee »

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 05:56:10 PM »
Thanks for your reply Steve I do have the manual but the problem isn't described in it.   I've even had the mech controll to the professional which was tested and working.  I'd just like to try the unit in a working machine ifbit work then I'll track down another motor but not worth searching and paying top dollar if it's not the problem

Offline necroscope

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 06:31:13 PM »
Hey daniel you might find some answers at this collector forum there are some members there that know a lot about jukes here is a link to the forum and a thread that may help, http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=280472