Author Topic: Beers With Gary  (Read 567 times)

Offline necroscope

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
Re: Beers With Gary
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 09:26:21 AM »
Can I ask how the meeting came about? are you a personal friend of Garys and are there any pic's?

Great read.

Peter

Yes a friend , was at his factory last Christmas with the family as well  ,we had a ball .We keep in contact .
Can I ask how the meeting came about? We pre arranged to meet after the show ,In his free time .We sat on the Cavil Mall for quite a while soaking up the scenery before hitting the streets.
I pulled him back from on coming traffic, the bugger was looking the wrong way down the street when crossing the road "holly crap,thanks for that"
must be pretty kool to be freinds with the undisputed  king of pinball.

Offline Micksamusements

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 09:53:17 PM »
Excellent story, does he intend on Coming down to Melb or any other places in Oz?

No he's out of here , flew(virgin) down to Sydney this morning then caught a plane(united) this avo to San Fran then to Chicago, it was only a whistle stop here , he was in China promoting pinball there and arranged a side trip down under.
Spoke about China for a while , he was telling me that they are very very video inclined and would not look twice at a pinball ,but he's trying to tap into the market .
Franks leaving in the morning to Japan , he bummed around Pac Fair today .

Great story, thanks for sharing. *%*

Just hope he isn't looking at China for manufacturing  :tumble:  probably be cheaper to build machines in the long run

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 09:59:42 PM »
Excellent story, does he intend on Coming down to Melb or any other places in Oz?

No he's out of here , flew(virgin) down to Sydney this morning then caught a plane(united) this avo to San Fran then to Chicago, it was only a whistle stop here , he was in China promoting pinball there and arranged a side trip down under.
Spoke about China for a while , he was telling me that they are very very video inclined and would not look twice at a pinball ,but he's trying to tap into the market .
Franks leaving in the morning to Japan , he bummed around Pac Fair today .

I hit him  up for that  ^^^, he really does believe that there is an untapped market there .

Great story, thanks for sharing. *%*

Just hope he isn't looking at China for manufacturing  :tumble:  probably be cheaper to build machines in the long run

Offline Micksamusements

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 10:07:38 PM »
True,
If stern could sell in China, with the amount of people there, that would be a huge boost to numbers sold.........would be a good thing for Stern. *%*

Offline necroscope

• Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2010, 08:43:50 AM »
It would make a lot of sense for stern to have pinballs made in china,but as far as selling to china goes unless they have changed the law recently but arn't they suppose to be illegal to operate there?

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2010, 06:26:26 PM »
He may have visited to suss out production feasability.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline necroscope

• Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2010, 06:34:36 PM »
He may have visited to suss out production feasability.
i reckon your right mate,it would make great sense for him to do so,maybe stern could afford to make pins with more toys on them and keep them around the same price range,such a move could only be good for the future of pinball.