Author Topic: Remember to change the batteries  (Read 28128 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Remember to change the batteries
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2011, 10:44:41 AM »

I don't know if you have looked recently but ALL batteries now seem to be made in PRC......regardless of price or brand

Yes, I have looked. Not saying everything from there is problematic, but batteries sure seem to leak more than they did years ago - how often has someone opened a game to find original issue 1990's batteries still there, still working, and still leak-free? My FP had batteries that I think were at least ten years old (no longer made), the Star Wars had the original 1993 Evereadys I think - with a cable tie keeping them nice and secure and putting anyone off bothering replacing them.  And I for one have found leaky Duracells within a couple of months of installing. Says something for the manufacturing standards.

Wonder if I should get myself a bill from Nuggy for his work on the FH board that got the leaky Duracell treatment after about three months? Repair or replace guarantee? Probably limited to $2.00 flashlights I suspect!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”