Aussie Pinball Forums > Pinball Training 101

Remember to change the batteries

(1/9) > >>

pinnies4me:
I change the batteries every Spring, and today changed the AFM and FH, both got new Duracells last Spring, expiry date 2014.

AFM was fine, but FH had quite a bit of corrosion. Didn't look too bad yet, although a fair build up on the IC directly below. Once it was cleaned and back together it booted up, but no response to the test etc switches in the coin door (nor registering coins). Looks like that IC was taken out (it controls that area). This leaking must be less than a few months old as I had the backglass out with El Timbo over here and would have noticed the build up as it was obvious.

As you see, the "once a year" change rule won't save you every time, but it did hopefully confine the damage on this game to just an LM339 chip I hope.

Rod71:
Has anyone tried Sony Cycle Energy, or Sanyo Eneloop Rechargable batteries in their games?.  They are really good batteries that hold 80% of thier charge after 12 months even if you dont use them.  Plus they shouldn't leak.

Caveoftreasures:
Extra Heavy Duty Duracell Batteries (half black, half goldy colour) are the bees knees.

We use them in the Alarm Industry and they last for 5 years and I have never had a leaky battery ever, even after 5 years in many, many hunreds, if not thousands of alarm detectors. I use them in my pinball machines. Cheap batteries leak, sometimes after just 4 or 5 months. It pays to spend up front.

ddstoys:
I'm going to convert all my games to super caps when I get time as I'm a shocker for batteries my gorgar has the same batteries in it from when I got it ( how bars that). No leakage and they are the black and gold aswel.

But thanks nick for the reminder I'm going to rip the boards out and super cap it tonight.

beaky:
I always use duracell also.
but i am in the process of fitting remote battery holders to all my pins

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version