Author Topic: Interesting Ebay listing  (Read 139 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Interesting Ebay listing
« on: September 12, 2010, 10:46:12 AM »
This is where i start to sound like an enthusiast.. so apologies for donning an anorak and going into detail.

Nino sent this listing through to me... its part of the sell off by company in Melb... they imported a container of old 30's and 40's pins sometime ago and it looks like this is whats left.

This is listed as NASCO JUMBO

At first glance i said that listing was wrong.. yes its a JUMBO backglass in there... but THAT game is definately a 1948 GENCO TRIPLE ACTION, i recognised it immediately cos  i have a prototype of this machine in my collection ( on its back!).

Then i look closer and see that artwork on the listed machine has been rubbed back to reveal Genco artwork... see here

Header is TA... cabinet is????? I dont know.. but looks odd to me.

Now NASCO were famous for doing conversions and bloody good conversions they did too. So i look up NASCO JUMBO and lo and behold this game WAS in fact a conversion of Genco TA.

So... listing is correct?? Maybe not....

I also have a NASCO game in my collection.. its one of my favourite games that i have ( is a great player), this game was also part of the original haul and bought from this seller.

Game is BINGO BANGO and is a conversion of GTB JUST 21. When i first got this game i was absolutely convinced that the listed conversion was wrong.
JUST 21 is a turret shooter, Bingo B is not.
The underside of Bingo B playfield is screened for wiring at factory, PF is completely rescreened and cabinet is completely rescreened, odd thing on this game is that shooter gauge is a Gottlieb gauge but for side shooter NOT turret.

Compare the 2 games...
JUST 21

BINGO BANGO

JUST 21 cabinet

BINGO BANGO cabinet

... Although how ANYONE can rub back that JUST 21 cabinet is beyond me.. its stunning

After a few emails to USA etc it is confirmed that game is in fact a conversion of JUST 21 as a copy of the Bingo B flyer was sent to me and it states "conversion of Gottliebs JUST 21"

So it seems that when NASCO do a conversion, they do a very thorough job.

Now heres listed JUMBO again

and heres Genco TRIPLE ACTION

cabinet JUMBO

cabinet TA

Oh and heres Raphael Lankar's EXTRA MINTY restored one ( just for the hell of it... looks so nice!)

There are no pictures on IPDB of NASCO JUMBO  available... but knowing what we now know about NASCO and how they did conversions... what ya reckon??? IS it the NASCO game???

Or is a TA thats had a JUMBO BG installed and cabinet painted over???

.... and i did warn you that i was going into "enthusiast"  mode!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Interesting Ebay listing
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 11:57:21 AM »

Looks like it holds more of the Triple Action attributes - less the backglass. Playfield is still original, backglass can be sourced and the cab can be repainted. Shame the legs are missing.

Interesting title.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline shansta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
  • I want to migrate... To Qld...
Re: Interesting Ebay listing
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 10:17:50 PM »
<pokes head out from under LARGE rock>

Huh? Never dealt with BCW - are they getting out?

Must have missed something.  @.@

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/JUMBO-Nasco-Circa-30s-40s-VINTAGE-COLLECTOR-/180557978364?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item2a0a181afc#ht_1593wt_704

« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 10:19:23 PM by shansta »
Why is it called PMS?
Because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken...