Author Topic: PinballsRus Sydney have bought BUMPER Amusements Melbourne  (Read 993 times)

Offline Mr Tilt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
PinballsRus Sydney have bought BUMPER Amusements Melbourne
« on: September 12, 2010, 11:49:57 PM »
Good sources tell me bumper amusements has sold business to Pinball R US of Sydney

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Pretty big news if it is kosher.

Well, Mark did say something big was happening in terms of one company getting out of the market.

Time will tell!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
if its true, someone has just bought a tin mine, and probably paid gold mine prices.

if it is true  !@#
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Mr Tilt

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Bumper owns the building
$700k was asking price
$2500 rent pw + outgoings + wages for staff etc

Gotta a sell a few machines to keep operation going but new owner is a millionaire

Offline Mango

• Forum Posts:
If they own the building why would there be rent?

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
If they own the building why would there be rent?

Maybe Bumper sold the business but not the building
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline Mr Tilt

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
thats right they will lease to new owner

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
what year did bumper action open? they must have bought the building back in the hey day of pinball when real estate was cheap
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline bwodie

• Forum Posts:
cool guys at pinball r US, interesting news!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

An interesting development. Finally Bumper has a buyer after trying to sell up for "how many" years ? I wonder if they keep the name or change it to be in-line with the "Pinballs-r-us" name.

Great scoop !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
Perhaps next years Expo after party will be based in Melbourne?
SC.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Wow maybe a p r us in every state?good 4 pinball maybe

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
no one ever sells a profitable business(generally speaking.lol for those with dictionary's) People only sell business's which are losing money or just breaking even. if a business is making money, and the owner is sick of working, they usually install a manager to run things, and the owner sits at home and collects the profits.

it begs the question, why bother buying a business which is not making money.  !@#

my father has been a real estate agent for close to 50 years. I have seen it time n time again. people pay 700 grand like in this case, and u get absolutely nothing for your money, unless there is say 500 grands worth of stock, and u have only paid a few hundred grand for the business.   still, it can be a very costly exercise.

I hope the fellow makes money, but he has alot of work to do to get people to send their money his way, when alot of us already have great relationships with our chosen sellers already. it will be interesting to see what happens.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 10:45:53 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline TSPP

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
no one ever sells a profitable business. people only sell business's which are losing money or just breaking even. if a business is making money, and the owner is sick of working, they usually install a manager to run things, and the owner sits at home and collects the profits.

Not sure if this is accurate for me. I was offered to sell my buisness which WAS making money by a competitor. It does happen, companies do it to gain a larger slice of the pie and to remove a competitor.

.....something witty here

Offline Chad

• Forum Posts:
Code: [Select]
no one ever sells a profitable business. people only sell business's which are losing money or just breaking even. if a business is making money, and the owner is sick of working, they usually install a manager to run things, and the owner sits at home and collects the profits.
lots of profitable businesses get sold, I had a mate who use to buy run down business cheap & make them profitable & then sell them. he was turning them over over every 2-4 years, and as TSPP said people buy them to remove the competition.