Author Topic: PinballsRus Sydney have bought BUMPER Amusements Melbourne  (Read 989 times)

Offline markc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne

but from what I am told  , and that's after speaking to both companies its BS  , now of course they could both be telling me porkies !

not to say it wont happen though !

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
no one ever sells a profitable business. people only sell business's which are losing money or just breaking even. if a business is making money, and the owner is sick of working, they usually install a manager to run things, and the owner sits at home and collects the profits.

as soon as that manager gets into you cash business,then you normal go broke not long after. *%*
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline TSPP

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
no one ever sells a profitable business. people only sell business's which are losing money or just breaking even. if a business is making money, and the owner is sick of working, they usually install a manager to run things, and the owner sits at home and collects the profits.

as soon as that manager gets into you cash business,then you normal go broke not long after. *%*

sense to me that makes none  <.> *in best yoda voice
.....something witty here

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
You'd really have to trust your manager if you decided to sit at home and hope the profits contine? risky business !@#
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Seems to be more of a rumor, and should be treated as such until either party makes an announcment (if any).
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

Geez, you couldn't be further from reality there. I've sold several profitable businesses over the years for different reasons. it's not always about how profitable it is, sometimes you have different priorities.  I've also used the "put a manager in" model too, which is pretty much the best way to ruin a business unless you're very, very lucky!!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
no one ever sells a profitable business. people only sell business's which are losing money or just breaking even.

Utter garbage.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
I think there is a bit more to just selling pins to Bumper Action isn't there??????  The doors wouldn't still be open if it was that bad you'd think. 
Addicted to pins.

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine

sense to me that makes none  <.> *in best yoda voice

sorry, should have said your profit seams to drop for some reason. <.>
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Yes, like most pinball rumours I am taking this one with a grain bucketload of salt until proven true.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Geez, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  %$%

Dont garbage every idea you dont agree with.  %$%

« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 09:40:30 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
Bumper has not been sold.

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
Maybe rumor maybe true only time will tell.....where there is smoke there is usally fire... !*!
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Maybe rumor maybe true only time will tell.....where there is smoke there is usally fire... !*!

Umm, when it comes to pinball, there is a lot more smoke than fire!! How many times has Stern closed and/or sold now???

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
  • I want to migrate... To Qld...
I heard TPF bought Bumper - coz apparently they have got 2 MM's he can sell to somebody...  !*!

Why is it called PMS?
Because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken...