Author Topic: Owning a pinball can save you money  (Read 491 times)

Offline Douggie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Owning a pinball can save you money
« on: September 16, 2010, 05:19:20 PM »
Games are 2 dollars a shot in the arcades/pubs etc.....well I reckon Ive play at least 200 games on my SF2 so far, at this rate in a few weeks I figure Im actually making money owning it!, this is the theory Im using on the missus to convince her around $5K for family guy is a better idea than kitchen renovations.

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Re: Owning a pinball can save you money
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 05:27:20 PM »
Good luck with that Douggie .
Makes perfect sense to us, not sure about the wive's/GF's though

Cheers
Dave
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 05:41:31 PM »
Good in theory but to get the wife to understand take it off freeplay for few weeks play the crap out of it using loose change then give her all the coins and say this is what I saved family guy would pay for itself in no time

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
  • I want to migrate... To Qld...
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 09:40:11 PM »
A pinny is like owning a boat...

Buy the hole - to tip the money into...  %.%
Why is it called PMS?
Because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken...

Offline bossninja17

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 09:49:52 PM »
Owning a pinny is a lot cheaper than other hobbies.
I once asked a rich mate of mine, "How did you become a millionaire?"
He said, "Start with $2million, then buy a race horse. Pretty soon, you'll have one million left".
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 10:59:32 PM »
Racing cars of whatever description = pouring money into a drain

Pinball machines just don't cost that much to buy, do up, maintain or run, really.

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 11:43:50 PM »
Not entirely true Andrew do what I did buy a Aussie muscle car bury it in the corner for 10 years went from a 1500 piece of crap to a highly collectable retirement fund $#$

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 12:02:18 AM »
Pinball machines are a bargain pro-rata for what they give you. Its not that dear to maintain or do them up. AND they go up in value over a reasonable time.

Name something else that visitors/people coming into your home get that excited about. !

I had a couple of 1978 2 door XC COBRA Coupes. They went up in value every year, but everyone wanted to steal them, and if u parked at a bar or a restaraunt, with the car outside, you couldnt relax for 5 minutes.

The cars were fun, but everyone else can enjoy the Pinballs and u also get to meet lots of top blokes/other collectors. Pinball can be a affordable hobby for everyone.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 01:46:14 AM »
Not entirely true Andrew do what I did buy a Aussie muscle car bury it in the corner for 10 years went from a 1500 piece of crap to a highly collectable retirement fund $#$

Nah mate, I am not taking about collecting cars, but racing them. A different story!

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 11:25:35 AM »

Nah mate, I am not taking about collecting cars, but racing them. A different story!

My mistake missed the raving bit.

Offline mildflame

• Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 09:25:36 PM »
Games are 2 dollars a shot in the arcades/pubs etc.....well I reckon Ive play at least 200 games on my SF2 so far, at this rate in a few weeks I figure Im actually making money owning it!, this is the theory Im using on the missus to convince her around $5K for family guy is a better idea than kitchen renovations.

did you say $2 a shot at pinball? last time I checked it was a dollar a game (don't tell me operators are putting up the price it's already high enough!  *!@ ^.^)
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!

Offline howzat

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 12:01:27 AM »
Hi Douggie
How are you liking sf2  I have 1 and its a lot of fun    have you killed the 12 fighters and got through the champion ship round ?    I did this 2weeks ago for the 1st time and clocked the machine   Im enjoying it and its been very reliable

Howzat <..>

Offline Douggie

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 02:30:19 PM »
G'day.....I have four machines so far, Fishtale, SF2, Austin Powers and Hot Hand.....I life SF2 the best of the lot. My young bloke got the championship round on it pretty quickly and kept boasting how I would never beat him so I took the glass off when he was out and made sure I got a score nobody will ever beat hahah........I think my 50 year old reflexes are the problem.